TM prop difference?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim said:
Waterwings said:
dampeoples said:
2 blade for speed, more for control

Would like to find a 3-blade for my MK, but I'm beginning to think they don't make 'em :(

I hear these are awesome.

https://www.kipawapropellers.com/index.html

Outstanding! Exactly what I was looking for, and they have one to fit my MK Endura 40! Appreciate the link, Jim! :)

Waterwings said:
Jim said:
Waterwings said:
Would like to find a 3-blade for my MK, but I'm beginning to think they don't make 'em :(

I hear these are awesome.

https://www.kipawapropellers.com/index.html

Outstanding! Exactly what I was looking for, and they have one to fit my MK Endura 40! Appreciate the link, Jim! :)

If you end up getting it, let us know if you really feel the difference and if it is worth buying. :D

Will do :) . I don't care much for the 2-blade stock prop that came on the tm. I use the rear tm mostly for loading the boat (and as a spare if the front one craps-out), and when driving on the trailer in windy/strong side current days, the 2-blade doesn't quite do it. I figure a 3-blade will "grab" more water and ease the task a little.

Just sent the Kipawa people an email asking what the overall diameter of the prop (across the blades) is. Unless I missed it, I didn't see it mentioned on the site. Not that it matters a whole bunch, just curious about the size.

I inquired over at another site about the Kipawa's and a couple of guys said they had vibration problems with them, but could've been bad mounting or something, not sure. I'll probably purchase one come closer to warmer weather and give it a try. If any problems arise they have a 30 day guarantee :)

I have the kipawa prop on my mg 109 digital and it is okay I do see a difference from the standard motor guide prop.

I don't see the Battery saving that they talk about. they are made very well and hold up to the rocks and wood I hit without much damage.

Wayne

redbug said:
I have the kipawa prop on my mg 109 digital and it is okay I do see a difference from the standard motor guide prop.

I don't see the Battery saving that they talk about. they are made very well and hold up to the rocks and wood I hit without much damage.

Wayne

Thanks for the input! :) . Was the MG prop you replaced a 3-blade or a 2-blade? Notice any difference in moving through the water better?

I had the 3 blade Machete III prop it is very weedless the kipawa does have a bit more power and comes through weeds fine but still gets hung up once in a while. The 2 blade prop will give you more speed and less control.
I have a minkota tm on my smaller boat that is a 2 blade it does fine but the boat is only a 12ft row boat

Latest posts