Thinking of starting a Jon Boat Club in Raleigh, NC

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hwew

Reaction score
Hello,

I been looking for a Jon Boat Club in Raleigh, North Carolina and there is none here so I am thinking of starting one here. I am looking for intrested people in the Triangle area that would like to take part in putting this together.

I was thinking of limits of 15 Hp. And Jon boat size limits up to 14 or 16 ft.

I feel us boaters that have smaller boats should have a place in the fishing world to have a level playing field in fishing tournaments. It could be Bass, Crappie, ect.

This could also be an oppertunity to have tournaments at times for one adult and a child per boat.

I would like to base this as a club for the entire family. I think this would be lots of fun.
Please feel free to comment.

Thank you,

Henry

Henry you are welcome to fish any of the CNCBA tourneys. We are based in the Burlington area and have one tourney a month. Our next tournament is at Lake Cammack in Burlington on July 10th,2010.

Thank you for the offer. I have to check my schedual.

I still like to have a club that is in the Raleigh area. I think it would be nice to get a group together twice a month and not driving for an hour to have a good time. Lake Wheeler is 10 Minutes away and fishing has always been pretty good. They also have a pavilion with lots of picnic spots. I believe they have 4 or 5 ramps and I never have to wait more than five min. to launch. Overall it is a nice place.

I am not into the larger lakes like Jordan Lake because some boaters do not know boating rules and it gets dangerous at times. Harris Lake has only two ramps and at times you have to wait 45 or more to launch your boat. Then getting your boat out is another wait.

I still would like to find out more about CNCBA.

Thank you.

Henry

I have to check Lake Cammack out some time. It looks very nice.

Henry

We generally stick to the smaller lakes also. Mostly city reservoirs and such. Check on ncangler.com there is a guy on there from east of Raleigh that is starting a tourney trail. He has got a tourney coming up at Wheeler on June 26th. Heck I might even try to make it myself!!

Lake wheeler is okay I grew up ten minutes down the road.. bite was a lot better a few years back.. Had some luck there in the spring.. there is a few rock legdges but not much cover otherwise.. it is relatively small for tournaments

Im all for a club in Raleigh. Im in Kinston NC not to far. The 15 hp would have to get bumped up to a 25hp that would be great.

If you guys don't get anything going, let us know. If we determine there is enough interest, I think we'd consider having some tournaments in the Triangle area. We were originally going to be in both the Triangle and Triad, but thought it might be too expansive of an area for a tournament circuit just starting out. I personally would love to fish Harris, Jordan, Hyco, Mayo, etc.

mangelcc said:
Any more info on club in Raleigh NC.??????

I grew up in Raleigh and have found no better place with a wealth of so many good lakes then that area. I think it would be a good idea for next year to encorporate some of there lakes especially Harris.. Also I think it would branch out to more potential members!

I'd need to see what Charles thinks, but I'd be willing to do a Harris tournament next year, if you promise you would help us recruit some folks to participate 8)

Oh yeah I mean encorporate maybe one or two tournaments in the triangle next season and see how it goes.. harris is a must and possibly falls.. I should be moving back to raleigh in january so ill def recruit some guys!

Jordan is a great lake too. Farrington point is about the best ramp for our sized boats. You don't have to go too far to find some good fish.

Sorry Guy's,

I have not checked here in a while. I thought no one was intrested when I started this post.
It is good to see that there is intrest. I guess the thing to do is get input from everyone that is intrested and start working out the details.

Henry

Lakes:

Falls Lake
Harris Lake
Jorden Lake
Lake Wheeler

Any other lakes that would be of intrest?

Henry

Ive fished Jordan a little but never fished the others any. But I will head anywhere! Would love to hit some of those lakes. Maybe we could have a post and a date later in the year and get triangle area tinboaters together and some of us in the piedmont area together and have a big tourney somewhere. That might be a way to promote both clubs. Im just throwing it out there, whats everyones opinion?

Holt
Eno River
Rocky Mount reservoir
Michie
Cape Fear River

A big tourney would be a great idea to get the word out.

Latest posts