Norris Lake, Tn Tinboat Bass Tournament/Club

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
So I am still kinda tossing around the idea of getting together a "Tinboats Only" tournament/club together on Norris Lake(Norris just for now anyway). Just kinda wanting to get some ideas, and opinions from anyone that may be seriously interested.

I'm thinking I wanna keep it simple....nothing serious, Just a casual gathering of guys with aluminum boats that like to bass fish. Just something fun & cheap. I'm thinking maybe $10/per boat and a $5 Big Fish fee. I'm not really sure on how to go about getting the ball rolling though. If anyone has any input, suggestions, or opinions...Please Share. Thanks

Im interested.... LOL!! Ill do some thinking on this and get with you after while or something.

Loggerhead Mike said:
i'd love to come up for a weekend tournament

dont think i could be up there enough to join the club though

I'm thinking our first few tournaments may be just an Open Tournament anyway....to kinda get exposure. Then just go from there to see what kind of interest we got for starting an actual "Club".

hhmmmm. i hope i still have my old 07 tn liscense :lol:

how far out is tazwell from say the tn/nc line around sierville/gatlinburg

nvm just looked it up. not as far as i expected. ill be waitin for a date, cant never turn down a trip to tennessee

Did any of you guys that have your own club run into any issues with having to have insurance for your club? Other than each individuals personal boat insurance?

I didn't purchase insurance for my club... but remember, we are an electric only lake with the exception of one or 2 spots. Everyone has jon boats (literally, biggest motor out there is a 20hp tiller).

I don't know if they carry insurance on their boats or not, but I highly doubt it. I carry it on mine just for the contents

Yeah, Thats kinda what i'm worried about. Although I'm thinking about if we do start an actual club, to have the members sign a liability waiver, and require to show current insurance for their own boats. Of course i'm still gonna make sure on the requirements first.

What do you guys think?.....Just a quick rough-up so far....

1Flyer.png

are your fees going to be per person or per boat? might want to make that more clear, but other than that it looks good

We have ours set up to $20 per boat, $5 per person for big fish (not optional)

russ010 said:
are your fees going to be per person or per boat? might want to make that more clear, but other than that it looks good

We have ours set up to $20 per boat, $5 per person for big fish (not optional)

Oh yeah, Forgot about that. Probably just set it up as Per boat.

just a questoin from my curiosity. why do you have to have insurance? is it a law for "clubs" or is every boat supposed to have it in general?

just never heard of it before

Loggerhead Mike said:
just a questoin from my curiosity. why do you have to have insurance? is it a law for "clubs" or is every boat supposed to have it in general?

just never heard of it before

I'm not sure on the specifics exactly, still looking into it. Pretty sure that its something to do with a liability issue, so i'm hoping we can just by-pass it with a Liability Waiver when/if we actually start signing members up.

Most tournaments require the participants to have liability insurance on their vessel for two reasons...

1.) It protects the boat owner - by ensuring that if there is an accident, the angler who causes it is covered and pays out for any damages under their own policy.

2.) It protects the individuals or organization holding the tournament - by ensuring that the plaintiff can go after the boat owners policy first and foremost.

The liability waiver you are referring too typically only waives liability towards the individuals and/or organization putting the tournament on. If you want to include everyone participating in the event under one waiver, you will need to make sure it is worded properly.

Also, keep in mind that while everyone who signs the waiver may be taking on responsibility for their own losses or liability issues should an accident occur with another boater involved in the tournament, that waiver does not protect you the boater or those putting the tournament on from anyone who is not participating (i.e. Land Owners, Other Boaters on the water not participating in said tournament, etc).

I'm not trying to scare you... I just want you to have as much info as possible up front.

Latest posts