Hand Gun Shooters ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFBigDog

Reaction score
I have always enjoyed shooting hand guns at the range or where ever, but have gotten away from it for some time .... However, the combination of the increased shootings in the Chattanooga area combined with snakes trying to get into my fishing boat several times this summer, has caused me to get interested in it again ..... to the point where I have completed all the requirements .... and have applied for and gotten my Hand Gun Carry Permit. So now I am back at the shooting range at least once a week .... very relaxing and something I enjoy.

Same here! I like shooting all guns though. I took the wife to the Gun club a few years back and we shot some clays. She was pretty good too. Sore shoulder the next day, but what are you going to do.

She is in the process of getting her License to Carry permit too. We are going to be the gun toting, heat packing family. :LOL2:

The safest house on the block!

Attachments

• Preparedness.jpg
    Preparedness.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 1,834
Jim said:
Same here! I like shooting all guns though. I took the wife to the Gun club a few years back and we shot some clays. She was pretty good too. Sore shoulder the next day, but what are you going to do.

She is in the process of getting her License to Carry permit too. We are going to be the gun toting, heat packing family. :LOL2:

The safest house on the block!

Good morning Jim...
Same here ... I taught my wife to shoot and she went through the classes with me .... and I was really proud of how she did .... she has her permit as well .... but won't carry a gun as she says I'm with her 99% of the time .... so she will let me shoot the bad guys LOL ! But she goes to the range with me quite often as well.

"Criminals LOVE unarmed Victims"

i hear ya on that, i got my ccw when i moved away from nashville. should of got it before i moved there...

what do yall shoot / carry?

i mainly carry a xd .40 but thats usually only on road trips. not much crime in the mountains

i think my next'n is going to be a walther p.22 for plinking, but i also got an itch for a 1911. tough choices

Loggerhead Mike said:
i hear ya on that, i got my ccw when i moved away from nashville. should of got it before i moved there...

what do yall shoot / carry?

i mainly carry a xd .40 but thats usually only on road trips. not much crime in the mountains

i think my next'n is going to be a walther p.22 for plinking, but i also got an itch for a 1911. tough choices

I usually carry a Glock 9MM .... or a Smith & Wesson 357 Mag with 4 in barrel. But my pride and joy .... is a Smith & Wesson Model 29 44 Magnum.

I carry a Glock 27 (sub-compact .40)... I keep it in the truck most times, because I carry it on the boat with me. Where I night fish, I'm usually the only one out there, and you never know who may be lurking around... especially the places with no security lights and long walks back to the truck

I like the Glock 27. I carry one when I'm off and when fishing. They work well in an ankle holster while in the boat. The seat height is just right to access the holster. Plus the Glock is not high maint nor is it super expensive. They are also pretty **** tuff. I have seen them go flying off vehicles at highway speed and only sustain minor cosmetic damage.

I carry mine in a paddle holster... I stand while fishing, so if I'm wearing long pants (well the one's I wear when fishing) I can't bend over and get it out.

I forget a lot of times that I have it on... the other night some guys came up and I guess they didn't think I could hear them, but I heard them say "hey, that guys wearing a gun"... I just looked at them and gave them the "I'll shoot you fool" head nod.

But nah, I try to remember to keep it hidden, and most people don't even know I've got it with me unless it shows itself when I'm moving around.

Have ya seen the new S&W Model 460 XVR(extreme velocity revolver)?

Got this from their site
•The Highest Velocity Revolver in the World - 2330 FPS/200 Grain!
•The Most Powerful .45 Caliber Revolver In the World - 2400 lbs/ft!
•If You Zero its Sights at 200 Yards You Will Bag Your Buck with a Center Hold 0-250 Yards with No Hold Over! Just Center It and Fire. The 460XVR Will Do The Rest
•Gain Twist Rifled Barrel for Superb Accuracy
•Lighter Loads That The 460 Will Also Fire Include .45 Colt and .454 Casull

Heres some vids, the first video shows the bullet comparison but, I warn you they put the wrong song over the vid so turn it down, I have no reason to own it except it makes a big boom :mrgreen:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/kxq1ssCsGUY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/kxq1ssCsGUY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

FishingBuds said:
Have ya seen the new S&W Model 460 XVR(extreme velocity revolver)?

Got this from their site
•The Highest Velocity Revolver in the World - 2330 FPS/200 Grain!
•The Most Powerful .45 Caliber Revolver In the World - 2400 lbs/ft!
•If You Zero its Sights at 200 Yards You Will Bag Your Buck with a Center Hold 0-250 Yards with No Hold Over! Just Center It and Fire. The 460XVR Will Do The Rest
•Gain Twist Rifled Barrel for Superb Accuracy
•Lighter Loads That The 460 Will Also Fire Include .45 Colt and .454 Casull

Heres some vids, the first video shows the bullet comparison but, I warn you they put the wrong song over the vid so turn it down, I have no reason to own it except it makes a big boom :mrgreen:

WOW !!!!
I gotta get one of those ..... Very impressive

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/kxq1ssCsGUY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/kxq1ssCsGUY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Another handgunner here too! Unfortunately that pic of the gun safe is not too far off from what my looks like...that probably has a lot to do with why I am now single! The upside is I dont think the LA Riots will come to my neighborhood anytime soon or stay long if they do...

I also CC a Colt 1911 series 70 45 ACP in a SOB holster with a couple of spare 8 rounders from Bill Wilson in my back hip pocket. Do a lot of combat shooting type drills with this one.

Got a Ruger Redhawk in 44 Mag. Sweet not so little gun thats great on feral hogs and the occasional deer lacking "situational awareness". Not the biggest or baddest but a lot of fun to shoot, thank God I reload or Id be broke!

One of my other personal favorites, is a Ruger Single Six Convertible. Cant believe this gun is still operational, as I am sure its had 35-40k in rounds through it! Scored on a lot of tree rats with this one as well as a couple of snakes trying to get in the boat on me at night! My only regret is I didnt get it in stainless steel. Without a doubt the most enjoyable gun I own!

That S&W Model 460 XVR si an awesome weapon. Nearly $1,500.00 though. A bit more than I have for disposable income right now. Maybe if I win the lotto I'll get one, right after I pay for all of Jim's web hosting fees for the next 25 years.

my conceal carry is a full size 1911, it's usually only partially concealed but no one bothers me. i had a guy not too long ago pull a .38 special on me and 2 of my gun toting buddy's when we were in his car. needless to say he had an xd .40, a .357 and my .45 back at him. he walked away, with nothing more than a broken ego. thank god for our 2nd ammendment right. criminals dont care about rules.

I have a glock 23 27 and several revolvers that i love to shoot i just bought my daughter a walther p22 a sweet little gun to shoot.

Latest posts