Anyone reload ammunition?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamountainman

Reaction score
Just curious,

Been rollin' my own since I was 10 (29 now). Now that the pimer scare is almost over, I can't wait to sit in my reloading room while the lakes are frozen. I've picked up some new toys over the summer, and want to try them out. I got tired of paying $65 per box of standard green box 44-40's, and finally got the dies and molds for it. Last year I took a buck with my 7.62x54R, and decided it was time to look into it further, so I got the dies, and slugged the bore, found out my Mossin Nagant is .311.

What are you loading for? I've got about 12 calibers I'm currently working on, and my .223 is driving me crazy, too many choices in components :shock: .

I do single stage, I enjoy the time at the bench, culling cases,bullets, and primers. I'm seriously considering getting a lee load all for my 16 gauge, but I've been seeing them on the shelf regularly for a while now.

I think I'm beyond saying I save money doing it :lol: . Currently I'm loading for 30-06, 7.62x54R, 44-40, 44 mag., 7x57, 308, 22-250, 223, .40, 338 mag., 30-30, and 450 marlin. I've been trying to get back into a little flintlock shooting, its just been so humid here, I even look at my flinter, and it grows a layer of surface rust :( . I run a single stage RCBS press that I know is older than me, but when the winters run long, it keeps me busy. The one thing I can't live without is my digital scale w/ powder dispenser, it sure beats the old 10-0-10 scale.

My bench when it was new!

4618827672_882498fdbf_z.jpg

I know this is a month old, but I just got a Mec Jr this week for my 12 gauge. Shooting Claus I probably won't reload those. Between case discounts, my employee discount, and there always being Target loads on sale or with rebates I'd probably lose money reloading those.

For example this ad has federal top guns for $4.99 a box, case discount of %5, and another %20 for my employee discount. Can't really beat it.

I am reloading hunting loads. All public land is shotgun only except for a few places that allow rimfire. So buckshot for coyote is mainly what ill be loading. There are a few loads I want to try that you can't even buy, or at least buy easily. Look up the Dixie Tri-Ball and the patterns its throwing.

ShadowWalker said:
I know this is a month old, but I just got a Mec Jr this week for my 12 gauge. Shooting Claus I probably won't reload those. Between case discounts, my employee discount, and there always being Target loads on sale or with rebates I'd probably lose money reloading those.

For example this ad has federal top guns for $4.99 a box, case discount of %5, and another %20 for my employee discount. Can't really beat it.

I am reloading hunting loads. All public land is shotgun only except for a few places that allow rimfire. So buckshot for coyote is mainly what ill be loading. There are a few loads I want to try that you can't even buy, or at least buy easily. Look up the Dixie Tri-Ball and the patterns its throwing.

I need me one of those for 12g, just the other night we had a stray dog that would not leave and I made mention to the misses If I had a reloader for the shotgun I could have loaded up some rock salt loads and he would have been gone, instead we ended up having to call the dog catcher.

Want to load up and sell me some rock salt loads? 12g 2-3/4 :lol:

RCBS all the way here, single stage. I concentrate on my competition calibers and coyote rounds. 22-250, 308, and 45ACP primarily. my father in law reloads everything! We picked up the Hornady Concentricity tool and wow, was suprised that many of the comercial loads were over 5 one thousandths out. My reloads were only 2-3 one thousandeths out of allignment. Ready to go back to the range with the caldwell, see if I have tightened my groups up!

I'd love to get into some competitions and reload for them. I don't really know whats available here, and what the differences between them are. I guess I need to do some homework.

There aren't any good rifle ranges near me that I'm aware of unfortunately. I'd love to do some sort of high power competitions. I need to look into what pistol competitions are offered.

Also, cowboy action shooting has always seemed cool, but the start up (requires at least a couple different guns) isn't do able for me at the moment. I also think the nearest they are held are an hour plus.

Anyone have a link that just explains different types of shooting competitions in general? Something I could narrow down what I'd like to try?

I've got a Dillon 550-B and reload .40, .44, .45, .243, .270. I shoot a lot of IPSC and as much as I shoot reloading is a necessity.

So I didn't hijack this thread, I started another here:

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=15806

Looking for pictures of reloading set-ups to get ideas for my own.

Latest posts