ATV fuel question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Polaris Xplorer 4x4 and don't think the oil injection is working. I don't really trust it and would rather mix my gas in the tank. What would be the recommended fuel/oil ratio? I was figuring on using a non synthetic oil and going prolly 40:1 - 50:1. Sound about right?

My buddy has a 98 explorer and also bypassed the oil injection on his after blowing it up and rebuilding it..... he runs 50:1, when I called him he also said he got a block off plate for like $10.00 to bypass the oil injection all together. Problem was he couldn't remember where he got it from since it was over 10 years ago. Hope that helps. :wink:

Popeye said:
I have a 2000 Polaris Xplorer 4x4 and don't think the oil injection is working. I don't really trust it and would rather mix my gas in the tank. What would be the recommended fuel/oil ratio? I was figuring on using a non synthetic oil and going prolly 40:1 - 50:1. Sound about right?

HSP should have it but for some reason I cannot locate the Oil Pump Block Off Kit in the catalog. Give them a call Probably like $20 bucks or so. A little searching should find you one for about $15

https://www.hotseatperformance.com/Instructions/catalog files/07ATVCAT_1.pdf

32:1 or 40:1 but 32:1 is safer. USE A MEASURING CUP NOT THE SIDE OF THE JUG

32 to 1
Oil 4 Oz to 1 Gallon
Oil 8 Oz to 2 Gallon
Oil 12 Oz to 3 Gallon
Oil 16 Oz to 4 Gallon
Oil 20 Oz to 5 Gallon

40 to 1
Oil 3.2 Oz to 1 Gallon
Oil 6.4 Oz to 2 Gallon
Oil 9.6 Oz to 3 Gallon