Gardening

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freetofish

Reaction score
One of my joys is my raised bed gardens.. I grow lots of fine veggies which we can and or freeze for the following year. I don't have a lot of room but have built eleven raised beds of varying widths and lengths... I love to envolve the neighborhood kids in my love... If the help me plant the garden, keep it hoed then they get to have some of the veggies to take home... they seem to enjoy it as much as I do... I usually plant some unusual things for the St. Louis area. I have raised peanuts for the last couple of years and have had two very good years for popcorn. I also usually make several batches of sourkraut from my home grown cabbage... Ummmmmmgood
My favorite of course is the tomatoes... I always have between 60-100 plants every year. We make lots of canned tomatoes but my favorite is the tomatoe juice... nothing better, with or with out the vodka. Weather now has the ground so muddy I don't know when I'll be able to get back our there... I did squeek in some lettuce and spinach inbetween storms...I hope they don't rot in the ground..
If anyone can tell me a for sure way go get rid of the moles that attacked my garden last fall I would appriciate it very much.
peace
ron

I have a garden every year and love working in it... sadly i have to leave town all this summer for an internship so the gardening will have to resume next year.

As for the moles... i watched a guy take a water hose, put it in the hole, and turn it on to force the moles out of the hole. Of course the guy was a bird, and the mole was a worm... and come to think of it, it was a cartoon so take that with a grain of salt.

I love growing a Garden , it is like relaxing to me and I love to watch everything grown. I have done a garden for the past three years with learning lessons every year. This year i have pole beans, snap peas , roman tomatoes , hot banana peppers, chynane peppers , Carrots, radishes and asparagus. I have already harvested all the radishes and am ready to plant more.