anyone else fly rc planes?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassfisher23

Reaction score
anyone on here fly rc planes? i fly a 35% aviation models yak 54 with a DA 100 on tuned pipes heres a link to the video of me flying on youtube ..

https://youtu.be/4AyPKatt03A

I do, occasionally. For the last full year, though...I've been more involved with fishing in my tinny and golfing. Just small foamies and a OS46 powered Tower Trainer.
Great hobby. Takes some time to learn how to fly... rather than crash every time out.

rich

I always wanted to when I was young but then just do nitro trucks. I have a 3.3 TMAXX that has not seen the light of day in a year. Just no time. Too much work and fishing now.

I fly RC aircraft although it has been a year since my last outing. I have the 2 Meter gliders like the Great Planes Spirit and Carl Goldbergs Gentle Lady. I have 2 other gliders also. They are a Green RC Greensleeve, and a Thunder Tiger Windstar.

I also have an O.S. Max .46 powered SPAD (Simple Plastic Airplane Design). It is heavy but wickedly fast.

I have another trainer powered by an O.S. Max .46 which is a Duraplane Trainer 40. It is pretty easy to fly and very tough.

I have an electric ParkZone P-51 Mustang that is a foam based model. It flies OK, but you have to keep some speed on it or it will spiral in on you. It was designed with no landing gear so you have to belly land it every time. You have to be very smooth with landing it.

ive also have a weston magnum with a west tech 50 itll do 160mph flying flat itll easily do 180 in a dive

I do! I fly a 50cc 89" 3dhs slick, a 68" e3d, .40 size,foamies

Working on getting a 100cc slick as well

Glad to see others flying

i used to. i got into nitro trucks bigtime...... i had a big trainer plane. and a couple smaller EP planes. but ended up selling and trading them for other toys....... i.e hunting rifle and dirtbike gear.

I have an rc helicopter. They are very difficult to learn to fly around here though, cause it's always raining or always windy, so you have to practice indoors. Learning to hover in my living room was a blast - let me tell you. But, the house and the heli both survived, so I can't complain.

fish2keel do u like the aj slick? ive seen a few fly last year at joe nall but havent been able to get my hands on one to fly lol
cant bet the aviation models yak 54 like i have mines also powered my a DA 100 on tuned pipes flyes like a fomie. .

bassfisher,

I love my slick! I actually have had offers for it more than I actually paid for it and have turned them all down. It is my favorite plane in my fleet and has been through any plane I have owned....and thats alot!

I would honestly not trade it for anything. It creeps along but 3d's amazingly and has little to no wing rock in harriers!

The first flight I took off and i forgot to add another locking nut to the wheel and one wheel came off and I landed her right wing high with one wheel and she crawled along like a cub with flaps....has almost no stall point. Its actually scary cause you think its going to just fall out of the sky.

If you get a chance fly one! The older 51" flies faster and my 42" flew pretty fast although would slow down nicely but the 71" and 89" float along like a charm!

Nice flying! Im pretty idle from rc lately but I have 35 planes from foamies, sea planes, large and small 3-d to scale and 9 helis form 450 to 700. Makes me wanna go flying :mrgreen:

Sort of:

DSC033128x3copy.jpg

8)

I flew fixed wings for 20+ years. 3 years ago I got into helicopters and currently have 2 450's. Haven't been interested in flying them this year so far though.

i used to fly alot moved now got no where to fly.

i flew sail planes or slope gliders made from composit materials mainly custom built pss planes are my fav real heavy and fast as hell used to fly in the bay area

alot of 60 inch slope racers like the nemesis planes like these https://www.f3x.com/ miss flying need to get a powered plane but too in to fiishing just got my first lil tin boat its about to be over with now wont even leave the lake lol

No RC, but Ive been known to do scratch build stick and tissue rubber free flight on occasion.

Jim L.

I'm just getting into RC flying myself. A buddy at work has been into it for years and got me hooked on it. I have a pilot's license, haven't been flying for awhile due to lack of funds. I think the RC stuff will keep me settled down a bit until I can get back in the saddle. My kids are also interested, so that is a plus.

Latest posts