Motorcycle travel....Pic heavy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonLester

Reaction score
Ok I know all of you don't just fish and work on boats. Just wondering who else likes traveling on a motorcycle like I do.

I'll post a few pics from my 2010 trip my Dad and I took.
Montana to Alaska and back. around 6k miles. Trying to do it again this year if work will cooperate.

Loaded up at my Uncles house in MT I'm on the right...I know he looks more like my brother.
P5300126.jpg

Some pics along the way

P6010150.jpg

Yes thats Snow in Alberta Canada,
Dad
P6010183.jpg

P6010194.jpg

P6040248.jpg

P6050262.jpg

Anyone who has driven the ALCAN has probably got a pic like this
P6060343.jpg

Bear Second is a Griz near our camp in YT
P6050321.jpg

P6070420.jpg

P6070443.jpg

P6070452.jpg

P6070476.jpg

A little dirty
P6080544.jpg

P6070527.jpg

Our halfway point...his driveway in AK
P6080548.jpg

P6150730.jpg

What is this...literally in the middle of nowhere
P7270808.jpg

Kluane Lake, YT Canada
P7280834.jpg

P7280838.jpg

P7280847.jpg

Griz that walked in fron of me riding down the road in Haine, AK
P7290912.jpg

Sorry for the pic heavy post. I get to posting pics of my trip and can't stop.... :LOL2:

That's a heck of a big trip on a bike like that. Thin tires! Looks like fun though!

bet that was an awsome trip, always wanted to do a trip like that but never found the time/money/yada yada yada. Now I'm too old to do it imo, but still think about it occassionally. Might do it in a cage one day. Beautiful pics,

TNtroller said:
bet that was an awsome trip, always wanted to do a trip like that but never found the time/money/yada yada yada. Now I'm too old to do it imo, but still think about it occassionally. Might do it in a cage one day. Beautiful pics,

Never too old....Dad is 60 in these pics. If not on a bike take the trip in a car. I have thought about doing it in a little fuel saver car and camping my way along. If I could not ride that is what I would do. Its all about the journey... Its something to see even in a car.

Very cool!!!

BTW have you followed the guy's trip or life whatever on Expedition Portal? I think his name is Arya. He travels mostly by bike, and also has a Ford Bronco with built on Camper. Been traveling/living this way for at least a few years now. It's home to him.

Pretty cool read.

I haven't seen it. Got a link?

Oh BTW we met a couple in Ak that rode from Toronto over to the east coast and down around the USA and then up to AK and then back across Canada...Almost a year on the road. Two bikes. Weren't married untill NV I guess if she'll go on that kind of trip with him he better marry her.

P6090574.jpg

Here ya go.

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/3258-quot-The-Oasis-of-my-Soul-quot-a-Lifelong-Journey-on-the-road

Started his journey in 06' and is still on it!!!! 8)

LOL Small world. Quickly I noticed a post about ADV. I bet it on there as well. ADV is Adventure Riders Forum. Lots of cool stories and lots of like minded people like me out to ride all over. Some more than others of course. ..

AWESOME =D>
i hope to get into this in the future [-o< . ive been riding and racing dirtbikes for 6+ years. nothing beats 2 wheels.

I love motorcycles, I'm rebuilding a moto guzzi should be don't by summer I hope, I ride a Yamaha vstar my grandpa gave me for now, but I plan on buying a klr after I graduate maybe. I plan on starting to do some trips on the vstar maybe this summer. My dream is to ride to alaska. I drove a car to costa rica a couple years ago. I met a couple riding to ushashia on klrs at the border.
Awesome pics, it really motivates me to finish school so I can get out there.

skysail said:
I love motorcycles, I'm rebuilding a moto guzzi should be don't by summer I hope, I ride a Yamaha vstar my grandpa gave me for now, but I plan on buying a klr after I graduate maybe. I plan on starting to do some trips on the vstar maybe this summer. My dream is to ride to alaska. I drove a car to costa rica a couple years ago. I met a couple riding to ushashia on klrs at the border.
Awesome pics, it really motivates me to finish school so I can get out there.

When you get ready to buy your KLR keep an eye out on Craigslist. I picked mine up with 2300 miles for $2700. of course then I spent some money making it better so I wouldn't have to worry about it. I think I have 3500 or so in it. Not to bad for a bike that has the potential to ride around the world.

Latest posts