Tractor Restoration or Buy / Resell FLIP

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixgun86

Reaction score
Anyone here restore or rebuild tractors? Small or Large?

Neighbor has a couple older smaller Kubota's, not sure model or year, but they look like It could be a fun project. I'm completely clueless as to their value, cost to restore, parts availability, etc.. All my grandfathers tractors were Orange is mainly why I'm considering.. To date all yard implements have been green. :roll:

I've got some friends that have some older Fords (8N's mostly) and IH tractors that they have refurbished a bit. Not really what you would classify as a "restore" though. I can tell you one thing about those Kubota's, they get expensive as crap if they have a diesel engine that needs parts.

The fella with the Kubota's priced them at running condition so I looked elsewhere and am already deep in the mower game. So far I'm on my 4th within 30 days and looking at my 5th today, a Murray Select 13.5briggs with 40" deck for $250. (pic below) Not a fan of Murray btw.

Started off with a 2010 John Deere JS self pro $175(sold $300), then to a Non running John Deere 2001 LT133' series rider $50 (Sold $250), then to a 2006 Toro LX bagger rider $450(Sold $600). Spent a total of $675 and sold them for $1150 in matter of a month. Now all that is left is a little 21" push 2007 Bolens I picked up for $35 for areas unreachable with the rider. Almost picked up another LT series Deere rider yesterday but got there too late.

Seems there is a some money to be made flipping Lawn mowers. $500 in one month so far.. If I buy this Murray I might relist it :roll:

Attachments

• murray.jpg
    murray.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 3,217
This is my 1956 Allis Chalmers model G tractor with hydraulics.My dad paid $900 for it brand new.Today's market brings over $3500 for it.I call that a good investment.It has a 4 cyl. Continental motor.I made the V-plow for it.I have cultivators,disk,& a single plow that is all Allis Chalmers that is worth on top of the tractor.

Attachments

• Allis Chalmers G 004.jpg
    Allis Chalmers G 004.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 3,209
That is a wild looking tractor you have there Crazy. I was born and raised in farming country 60 years ago and I've never seen anything that looked even remotely similar to that Chalmers.

The G was mainly used in the south on truck farms. The G is the second most sought after Allis tractor. The RC being the most. A few years ago there was a company that made a tractor just like the G because of its popularity. I own a unstyled WC and 3 Styled WC and wide front end 4 bolt WD and 2 B's

Steve

Latest posts