Motard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixgun86

Reaction score
Picked up this little guy over the weekend. Should be fun :twisted:

2005Suzuk1 RMB5 w/ 12" Cyclone wheels setup for Mini Motard racing. Got it for a song and dance, needs a bit of work. Hope to have it up and running in the next week or two. Maybe this weekend if the compression reading is good.

Top Pic: Mini Motard Racing
Bottom Pic: New Toy

Attachments

• 2012-09-26_15.19.36.jpg
    2012-09-26_15.19.36.jpg
    810.8 KB · Views: 1,800
  • peter-lenz-ktm.jpg
    peter-lenz-ktm.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,800
thats pretty sweet! never seen a mini turned motard. i have always wanted to plate my KTM 200exc and run it it on the road...........

As suspected, compression is gone. Turns out they coat these cylinders with Nikasil meaning they cannot simply be just honed/bored. They will have to be re sleeved or bored/honed/sealed. So instead of $30-$50 it will be $225 and will require it to be sent off. :cry: x100

Yup. My first two stroke, a 86 Honda cr80 decided that it didn't like the nikasil and ate it off causing catastrophic top end damage, $300 later for parts and machine work, I was taught how.to rebuild said motor, priceless. From that day on I was hooked on rebuilding motors.......

Decided to just wing it, hone it at the house the best I can. Ordered a Wiseco Top end kit, $100 shipped. Arrived today. Will get it all back together tonight. Might be tomorrow before I can fire it up since I still need to do the carb.

Attachments

• p.jpg
    p.jpg
    791.6 KB · Views: 1,743
go ahead and do the carb as you already have it off and a new set of reeds wouldnt hurt either. just make sure when you hone the cylinder check the fit after the cylinder has cooled off. and dont loose the wrist pin C clip :)

I fixed a stock crf50 up real nice at one time. Had WAY to much money in it....

Jeff

DSCN0156.jpg

DSCN0157.jpg

DSCN0158.jpg

DSCN0159.jpg

that bike is sweet too! thats the reason i am glad i never pulled the trigger on one. i was going to get one for my wife (an excuse for me to get one) when i was racing enduro races for her to ride from the truck to wherever there was a good place to watch the race from...... i knew i would end up having as much wrapped up in a pit bike as i did my race bike..

Got the kit installed, fired up first or second kick. Cleaned out the carb and gas tank as well. Listed it for sale that night and it sold the next day for a small profit. I was afraid it would nickel and dime me to death. I was having trouble getting the carb adjusted properly, need to shadow someone in the future.. Sure would like to know how..

@ OO Mod, That is a slick 50!

Took my funds and went and bought another one that day oddly another popped up for sale in town. 2006 CRF70. It's a 4 stroke and runs like a top. The suspension is lame and doesn't have the addon's but a replacement motor for this thing is only $250! All type of Mods too, just like your CRF50 they share a lot of parts. BBR is HIGH dollar. Took off all the plastics, seat, and tank last night to give it a through cleaning, also tightened the chain. Couple pounds of dirt and grease removed. The plastics and seat look like new. Today I will pickup up a replacement air filter,plug, and oil. Looking at motard wheels/tires for this little bike. Rides great, pretty quiet too! I'm 6.0 200lbs and it's comfortable. Why small bikes? Budget, afford late model, cheap. Wore the dog out in 5 minutes.

(pic before cleaning)

Attachments

• crf.jpg
    crf.jpg
    876 KB · Views: 1,705
sixgun86 said:
Got the kit installed, fired up first or second kick. Cleaned out the carb and gas tank as well. Listed it for sale that night and it sold the next day for a small profit. I was afraid it would nickel and dime me to death. I was having trouble getting the carb adjusted properly, need to shadow someone in the future.. Sure would like to know how..

@ OO Mod, That is a slick 50!

Took my funds and went and bought another one that day oddly another popped up for sale in town. 2006 CRF70. It's a 4 stroke and runs like a top. The suspension is lame and doesn't have the addon's but a replacement motor for this thing is only $250! All type of Mods too, just like your CRF50 they share a lot of parts. BBR is HIGH dollar. Took off all the plastics, seat, and tank last night to give it a through cleaning, also tightened the chain. Couple pounds of dirt and grease removed. The plastics and seat look like new. Today I will pickup up a replacement air filter,plug, and oil. Looking at motard wheels/tires for this little bike. Rides great, pretty quiet too! I'm 6.0 200lbs and it's comfortable. Why small bikes? Budget, afford late model, cheap. Wore the dog out in 5 minutes.

(pic before cleaning)
Nice, I had a CRF70F a few years ago. Decent power, and a little bit bigger size for the "kids" at heart. Bought it right, cleaned it up, and sold for a profit due to not having anywhere that was decent and legal to ride. I painted all the white plastic, the "v" on the front fender, and the center of the rear fender with black krylon fusion. It looked a lot cleaner with the white gone.

I've got an old '74 Honda CT70 that I've always wanted to build into a "retro" motard with new suspension. I think an inverted front end, dual reservoir shocks on the rear, big bore kit, and high-speed scooter tires on the original wide 10" wheels would be fun. But it's always one of those projects pushed to the back burner, because I know I'd spend way too much money doing it the right way.

Latest posts