Putting a wood panel on a dishwasher

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
Putting a wood panel on a dishwasher
We've had the same dishwasher for over 20 years. We know it is going to go out one of these days. Noisy, but long-lasting.

Around 15 years ago, I took the front panel off (old style with a frame) and put 2 new cherry door fronts on it. Looks great.

Now, most of the new ones we are looking at have flat SS or other fronts. My wife does not want SS or other fronts. She likes what we have now.

A few manufacturers have "panel ready" options...and...I have been told that the company(s) send you a unit without a front at all, but with some industrial grade Velcro to affix your own panel. That sounds OK with me.

1. Anybody do one of these yet? I have a high regard for heavy duty velcro installed with the right prep and glue backing.

#2. Since the "panel ready" units seems to be $200.00 for NOT giving you a front???? I wondered about just buying a ready made unit and applying the industrial grade Velcro and panels on top of what is there.

3. Alternatively, buy a ready made unit; remove the front panel. and screw the wood panels onto the front with wood screws. (not my favorite choice) as I assume that it would void the warranty instantly.

Any and all input/comments appreciated. thanks, Rich

Latest posts