Racing & Quick Stuff

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyeddie

Reaction score
I know I've been posting on this site for at most a week, but it's apparent that there's quite a bit of interest in racing and going fast. I think it'd be cool to see a sub-forum for those kind of things!

I used to do some racing in your state, Grattan and Gingerman

sticky.jpg

You raced bikes in Michigan? :shock: wow there's like five months of good weather and it's all downhill after that lol!

I mean a sub-forum more for boat racing and fast tinnies and such.

Hey! New idea for a competition - fastest rowboat :lol:

crazyeddie said:
You raced bikes in Michigan? :shock: wow there's like five months of good weather and it's all downhill after that lol!

I mean a sub-forum more for boat racing and fast tinnies and such.

Hey! New idea for a competition - fastest rowboat :lol:
I would love that. However, it looks like you, me and one or two other people are the ones interested in this. Maybe, if we started a little more discussion on this, and it gets a few other racers over here, then Jim might give us a subforum for that. Or, we could do something like antiques/racing/something else. A lot more people are interested in restoring old tinnies, but not making a fishing rig out of them, than there are into racing. So, food for thought here, but how does a classic forum, where you put restorations of older boats (such as the Alumacraft FDRs, and other runabouts, where you aim to restore it to original condition, as opposed to make a bass rig out of it) and older motors, and other antique stuff related to boats. If something like that went over, your motor would definitely fit, and I have actually started working on my older motors (got my '55 Johnson 3 running tonight), and will probably continue these all spring, so there is something to get this started with, so we don't have an empty forum.

Just my mere 2 cents worth. Not sure how it would really go over, or if Jim likes/hates the idea.

katplayer187 said:
this is my 07 yamaha raptor special edition 700r fuel injected and modded up a lil bit.. top speed around 95mph

rap.jpg

Sweet! :beer: If I was to get a racing ATV that would be the one no doubt!

I was out looking at its work horse brother the Grizzly!

Jim said:
How about a Hobbies section in the off the water section?

This could cover everything there?

Jim, I like the hobby idea.

I'm trading in my motorcycles to get back into fishing (a compromise with the wife) , but still love to talk about them. Getting too old to drag me knee around the racetrack anyway.

--Poolie

Man I love the Raptors - I took a bored, stroked, and cammed 660 Raptor for a ride :p I will never forget it. Then after I got off, my uncle, half-way drunk, gets on, dumps the clutch, and digs the sissy bar and muffler into the ground, stalling it. He stands the quad up vertically, and he's just sitting there, still hanging on, then he lets out the classic, "A little help?"

I like the idea of a hobby section. My family has a bunch of go-fast goodies!

For instance my dad's flat-bottom - has a Ford 427 side-oiler in it - major project.
1970HowardFlatbottom.png

bassboy1 said:
I would love that. However, it looks like you, me and one or two other people are the ones interested in this. Maybe, if we started a little more discussion on this, and it gets a few other racers over here, then Jim might give us a subforum for that. Or, we could do something like antiques/racing/something else. A lot more people are interested in restoring old tinnies, but not making a fishing rig out of them, than there are into racing. So, food for thought here, but how does a classic forum, where you put restorations of older boats (such as the Alumacraft FDRs, and other runabouts, where you aim to restore it to original condition, as opposed to make a bass rig out of it) and older motors, and other antique stuff related to boats. If something like that went over, your motor would definitely fit, and I have actually started working on my older motors (got my '55 Johnson 3 running tonight), and will probably continue these all spring, so there is something to get this started with, so we don't have an empty forum.

I know what you're saying - my boat looks too good with the wood bench seats and stuff being a hull from the 60's - it would be mutiny to "deck" it!

thats a good lookin jeep codeman, gotta love the flex.

ive never had any good luck with yamaha transmissions. my buddys got an 05 raptor, had a warrior, and ayz250. seems like after enough hours on um, the trans takes a dumb and gets hard to shift. maybe its just because of all the powerbrakes and do-nuts on the pavement. i bet that fuel injection makes a world of difference

jl_rotary said:
My addiction before fishing came back into my life ;)
MJ40.jpg

MJ36.jpg

MJ18.jpg

MJ17.jpg

MJ30.jpg
My dad used to be into those. He never spent much time on the track, but used to run a number of those up in the mountains, back before they got crowded with all the bozos on putters (harleys and the like).

He keeps talking about getting a Bemota Ducati, but I am not sure if that will ever play out, seeing that kids came into the picture late in life.

Latest posts