My outboard motor collection.

Anything you do off the water can go here. Racing, Modeling, collecting? Talk about it here.
bassboy1
Site Sponsor

Post by bassboy1 »

Captain Ahab wrote:
BassBoy - Where do you think I live? #-o

Drive over to Wisconsin? Canada?

Sellersville, PA to Madison, WI - 15 hrs
Shorter than from here. :lol:

BassNBob wrote:I saw this one on craigslist this morning, you might be interested. 51 Johnson that runs. https://knoxville.craigslist.org/boa/1013128358.html
That is fairly steep pricewise. They do show up quite a bit on Atlanta Craigslist, so I there is not a "shortage" of them here. However, they aren't as abundant as the Northern States, and Southern Canada. I have passed a couple good buys up this year on them due to funding the build for my boat, but they do show up. In fact, all 4 of mine came from Craigslist. Never know what section they will be in. I found the '55 listed in a long list of old power tools ('40s and '50s era Delta shop equipment - table saws etc) that dad was interested in. When I went to get it, he also showed me the '36, so I picked that up too. The best deals will come from the most unlikely places. I have found that people trying to sell them tend to think they are worth a heck of a lot more than they are (outboard collectors are known for being real cheap, myself included), so a good priced motor often comes from somebody just trying to clean out a barn, rather than make enough cash to buy something else.
russ010 wrote:with these craigslists posts, it's like putting bassboy in a candy store!
You've got that right. Between motors, fishing, aluminum boats both old and new...... So many dreams... So little cash... :lol:

ho_shi

Post by ho_shi »

1 got a 1945 or 8 Goodyear SEEBEE

make ya heck of a deal on it if you can figure out how to ship it

i never could get spark to it. turns over good gas tank gasket leaks

Popeye

Post by Popeye »

Captain Ahab wrote:
bassboy1 wrote:
Captain Ahab wrote:

Now I need to buy one or two :D
Your closer to the majority of them than me. Drive over to Wisconsin, or up to Canada, pick up a few, and ship a few down to me. Send me some covered bow aluminum boats and a few Lunds while you are at it. Cannot find hardly any of them down here.

Sellersville, PA to Madison, WI - 15 hrs

Sellersville, PA to Zion, IL - 13 hours

Zion, IL to Madison, WI - 2 hours

We can ice fish either before the trip to Madison or on the way back. Heck, I could probably find a place here for you to crash for the night too.

The next time won't be the first time I've made the same mistake twice.
All the romance of fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.
Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?

FishingCop

Post by FishingCop »

.[/quote]

Sellersville, PA to Madison, WI - 15 hrs[/quote]

We can ice fish either before the trip to Madison or on the way back. Heck, I could probably find a place here for you to crash for the night too.[/quote]

Geneva, IL to Zion, IL - 1 hr, 40 minutes. Can I come too??? I'll bring the brandy to keep Capt warm on the ice and take pictures too :P :P
Either cuff em & stuff em - or - catch em and cook em! In my world, "catch & release" is an escape!

FishingCop

Post by FishingCop »

quote="FishingCop"].[/quote]

Sellersville, PA to Madison, WI - 15 hrs[/quote]

We can ice fish either before the trip to Madison or on the way back. Heck, I could probably find a place here for you to crash for the night too.[/quote

Geneva, IL to Zion, IL - 1 hr, 40 minutes. Can I come too??? I'll bring the brandy to keep Capt warm on the ice and take pictures too :P :P[/quote]
Either cuff em & stuff em - or - catch em and cook em! In my world, "catch & release" is an escape!

Macgyver

Post by Macgyver »

here's a 57 rude' 5.5 I restored ..

1972 Lowe Line semi V 16'/1974 Johnson 25 HP
2003 Bayliner 175/3.0L 135HP Mercruiser

bassboy1
Site Sponsor

Post by bassboy1 »

Beautiful. I have always liked the lines on those.

Macgyver

Post by Macgyver »

thanks, I did the fuel pump / tank conversion on it , replaced all electrics, rebuilt the carbs and lower unit. then repainted it. here's some other pics.

Loggerhead Mike

Post by Loggerhead Mike »

i got the same computer chair haha :mrgreen: great lookin motor

Macgyver

Post by Macgyver »

Loggerhead Mike wrote:i got the same computer chair haha :mrgreen: great lookin motor

Thanks!! that used to be my puter chair , then a shop office chair . two legs were broken off and I carved new ones from 2X4's........lol

fishhead16

Post by fishhead16 »

Hey bassboy, I live in Mi. and every spring our county has a sping clean up where you can put everything out by the road. I found my two motors that way. One is a Champion and the other it a Scott Atwater. I've been going through the atwater.

bigRed

Post by bigRed »

:D] Have you found your Challenger? If not, you may call me before 10:00 p.m. eastern time. Maybe we can work out a deal? 937 750 2102 W Cohoon