newest project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brmurray

Reaction score
Got a killer deal on this
IMG00198-20100721-11161.jpg

Obviously it is in dire need of some TLC. Suprisingly wheel hubs in good shape and trailer is sound. That was the extent of the good news. Due to dead batteries and no desire to go get new ones there will be a break in the pics. I wanted to float the boat so had to replace tires and fabricate some light brackets, bow stop, and some new treads!
IMG_5905.jpg

After much sandblasting, grinding, and a very bad cold, the ugly duckling starting to look better.
IMG_5908.jpg

After some research and visit to the fishermans Mecca (BPS) time for the new horizontal skids. I turned the skids from the vertical position to horizontal to provide a little more support for the boat.
IMG_5909.jpg

IMG_5911.jpg

IMG_5912.jpg

Refabricated the bow stop
IMG_5913.jpg

Put the guides back on it and all we need to do is finishing wiring it.
IMG_5917.jpg

Time to start phase 2. Thanks for looking!

:LOL2:

Great job! =D> I hope to find a good deal like that within the next decade!! Fixing my truck a few months back left me short for "trailer cash" for quite a while. Anyway, looks great!

thanks guys for the kudos. got my last piece of the puzzle over the weekend, some LED Guide toppers to aid in backing ithe trailer in the dark. Will post pics as soon as they are installed.

Trying to complete this project to decide what we are going to use to fish out of next season. Anyway, here are some updates.

Got these to help backing at night. 24 bucks at Bass Pro.
IMG_5953.jpg

Painted the guides up
IMG_5948.jpg

Preped my posts for the wires and hardware.
IMG_5949.jpg

the lights fit on 2inch PVC. I used a reducer to adapt them to 1.5 inch.
IMG_5952.jpg

IMG_5958.jpg

IMG_5957.jpg

Wiring is done
IMG_5956.jpg

They work!
IMG_5962.jpg

IMG_5961.jpg

Trailer and boat puller!
IMG_5963.jpg

I am up here in the big city of Marietta, originally hail from Southeast GA, Wayne County was where I was born and raised.

Do you have pics of the way you attached the bunks and the front support for the bottom of the boat to the 2x4's? Also maybe a pic or two of that bad boy lit up at night!! Nice trailer man!!

CrewCabMax said:
Do you have pics of the way you attached the bunks and the front support for the bottom of the boat to the 2x4's? Also maybe a pic or two of that bad boy lit up at night!! Nice trailer man!!

Is this what you are referring to or the bow stop?

https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_23452_225010005_225000000_225010000_225-10-5

let me know what pics you want and I will get them.

Exactly what i was looking for! Thanks! Just wanted to see some pics of all those LED's lit up at night! LOL From the front and from the back.

also, cou you get me a picture of the center support and how it was made. The part in the middle of the trailer that supports the bottom of the boat, not the bunks, but the piece running side to side. My bow stop is fine, its just the center support thats missing. Thanks.

CrewCabMax said:
also, cou you get me a picture of the center support and how it was made. The part in the middle of the trailer that supports the bottom of the boat, not the bunks, but the piece running side to side. My bow stop is fine, its just the center support thats missing. Thanks.

Per your request. The center support was mad from 1.5 inch by quarter inch angle which comprised the squeeze bars. They were welded to a quarter inch flat bar which was secured to the cross bunk by 4 lag screws. here are the pics you requested.

IMG_2795.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2799.jpg

Hope these help you in your build!

where's the fiberglass bought y'all are going to fish out of this next year? or are you going to use this one?

Latest posts