Help me ID these motors

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdubz0r

Reaction score
So I recently bought a Tracker 1436 from a guy who was moving out of state. He was eager to get rid of stuff, and threw in 3 additional trolling motors. This is the first boat that I've ever bought, and my first introduction to trolling motors period. I'm trying to decide which ones to put on the boat and which ones to try and trade for a 3-5hp motor. I know the bow mount that is on the boat now is a Brute 48lb thrust motor. It's my understanding that this is a pretty beefy motor that should push my boat fine. The boat is decked all the way across with 3/4" plywood, so its going to be a bit heavy. At any rate, I took some pics of the other motors in the hopes that one of you guys might be able to let me know what they are, about what they're worth, and which ones would serve me best on the boat and which ones would be best to try and trade. I've verified that all 3 work by hooking them straight up to a battery and running them.

Motor number 1:

Motor number 2 is a real mystery to me. It's substantially lighter than the others, and it has no numbers, logos, or any other identifiable features that I see:

Motor number 3:

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide...

b

#1 is a minkota, POS IMO throw it away, #2 is a Moto guide,"pretty confident" , depending on yr and size, the covers were the same for a long time , just different foot, #3 i believe is a tracker.."pretty confident"

#3 is a johnson or evinrude,they were very good, and simple to fix, (most of the time). parts are easy to get. used ones are very common, value is hard to say, seen rough ones go for very little, realy nice ones $150.00-$200.00. seen a 12/24 new in box go for $600.00 on ebay last year. ones in very good shape are prized by guys with high performance boats, like bullet, allison craft, stroker etc. because they are very light weight.