minn kota edura 40 or 50 thrust

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterboy

Reaction score
wally world has the minn kota edura 40 for $166 and the edura 50 for $244. Anyone ever use these and feel there is really a $100 advantage in getting the 50 thrust over the 40. The jon in the pond with me and gear may be in the 900 lbs. range.

I plan to run 2 deepcycles in parallel for better battery life and mounting the trollmotor to the bow. For the 12 volt edura series just spinning the head around is possible right? :-k

MassFisherman said:
I run the endura 40 on my 16' v-hull with one battery...I have it mounted on the bow and it pulls with ease...

Do you use some sort of extension handle for it too? any pictures of the front of you boat?

No pictures of this setup....I clamp it to the front/side and am able to reach while fishing from the bow...i put a piece of wood between the clamps and the boat.....My plan is to build a casting deck and put a foot controlled motor on the boat some day....

For now this is getting the job done...

I decided for $5 more to go with a NEW 55 thrust 42" instead of the 50 thrust. Will spin the head and figure out a bracket for bow mounting as the options seem endless. Now I'm just waiting for the brown truck to arrive =P~ .

Nice choice.

I have the Endura 30 with 30" shaft and use it on my 14" Alumacraft. I mounted it to the back and it doesnt have any trouble pushing me around, even in 15mph wind.

I found a deal at Dunham's (a local sporting goods store) where the Endura 45lb w/36" shaft was $!89, plus you can use a 20% off coupon, plus there is a 6amp battery charger included (Minn kota) at a $59.95 value (yeah right). So in the end, I got the 45lber, a 6amp charger for $161. I mounted it to the transom of my 16' Smokercraft and it pushed us around like nothing - heck I coulda towed a tube behind us!

I'm liking the idea of throwing it up front with some modifications. Might just have to do that until I can save up enough loot for a bow mount unit.