Mounting transducer on TM

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cavman138

Reaction score
For those of you that have, how did you attach your fishfinder transducer to your trolling motor? I have a Humminbird 535 and am just about ready to mount it to my TM. Pics would be great. Thanks in advance.

Well, since nobody else has chimed in, and you're waiting patiently for an answer, I will give you my experience with the issue. I didn't want to mount the transducer on my transom because of the drilling/mounting/sealing involved, so I bought a trolling motor bracket from BassPro and ran it that way. It worked fine. The only problems I had with that setup was the transducer wire would occasionally get in the way, and I could only use the fishfinder when the trolling motor was in the water. I then tried an aluminum transom bracket mount which mounted the transducer on the transom without the drilling/mounting/sealing steps. And with this setup, I can run the fishfinder while running the outboard. Personally, I like this setup much better. And if I ever change my mind or find something better, it's very easy to remove. I'm pretty sure the aluminum bracket was bought at Cabela's. No pictures of the setup, but if you're interested I can take one when i get home this evening.

You can mount to the transom without drilling the transom itself. Get a high quality adhesive and glue a block of PTFE or similar on the transom and drill/screw into that to mount the transducer. Here's a link for one option. :wink:

https://www.sternmate.com/

Attachments

• Rockwall_Marine_photos_011.jpg
    Rockwall_Marine_photos_011.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 883
I agree with the preference for NOT mounting the TD on to the trolling motor. I did it once, and hated the idea that I didn't have a Transducer when running or moving quickly.

Much like the suggestion above, I then mounted it onto my boat ...onto a piece of plastic cutting board..which was affixed to the boat with 3M 5200 marine adhesive. regards, rich

Like this except I bought the puck style transducer which doesn't require a bracket, just the clamp.

vHcGoul8tkMS3V8AhuRXiXA1__bjaRR6TlpsEmngGdjfStiV2_v1rAf-fYIiDbgPL8sdqfDrChj3KTASKgmcL5HeynFwqm5D76E_6tv3f580J4BtEI2mD70iAK0YMAcoHuSmcR1-dEsnaQrVs-poxji8mSKZdIH20TzUlKK8BJ9FshpXvbu6u4X3-Cu8ZYUijxCXd36NS5Lxmoa8HlAJ53YEDjK5FVBbioY5xwx6HlHNplYO6DytSARyA4kxofIUNme1HG1ZHDY0OxtbVNK6KzwHs6UymgjUMkfAIV8

I have a similar set up that Tin Yachtsman mentioned except I made mine.I just used a 1/4" piece of aluminum wide enough to mount my transducer on & long enough to reach to the top of my transom where it's fastened.

Thanks Brine, know where to find the bracket for the transducer in the first pic? Or can you get a puck style transducer for most units? Cost?

I guess I should have mentioned that I plan on having TWO depth finders, one on the front on the trolling motor and one of the transom.

cavman138 said:
Thanks Brine, know where to find the bracket for the transducer in the first pic? Or can you get a puck style transducer for most units? Cost?

I have the hose clamp and bracket in my garage collecting dust. If you want it, just PM me with your address and I will send it to you. As for "cost", how does "free" sound to you? :)

Hey cavman,

Sounds like the Yachtsman is hooking you up. =D>

I think I paid around $45 for the puck transducer. BPS/Cabela's sell that bracket.

I'm using two different FF and transducers. One is on the bow of the boat and the transducer is on the TM and the other is on the transom and the FF is in front of the windshield. I can't see the FF on the front when I am driving and if I were to move it rearward, I wouldn't see it as well when fishing.

What type of bow trolling motor do you have? If a standard scissors mount, transducer wire routing is straight forward. If a powerdrive style motor, a little more difficult to prevent pinching and cutting of wires. ie why they sell models with transducer included. If the latter, I have some pictures of what I did.

Latest posts