Wiring a trolling motor.?.?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You Know

Reaction score
I have a 45 lb thrust Minnkota bow mount that I am trying to set up in my boat. I am just going to attach the wire from the foot control directly to a the battery box. My question is that the wires aren't long enough and I need to extend them. Can I go with the same size wire? It's 10 gauge, or do I need something bigger? I'm only going about 2-3 feet. Also would a good crimp with heat shrink be good enough to secure the additional wire? Thanks guys.

The box has a built in breaker it's made by minnkota. So I guess I'll stick with the same size, that's gonnavsav me a good bit of money. Thanks.

You Know said:
The box has a built in breaker it's made by minnkota. So I guess I'll stick with the same size, that's gonnavsav me a good bit of money. Thanks.

If you can wait a week or so, I can ship you the wire you need for free. I have two trolling motor harnesses, and the one I install in back will get a bunch trimmed off....

Latest posts