Trolling motor connection

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassmaster6

Reaction score
I am planning on buying a bow mount trolling motor for my 14" v hull. the trolling motor i am looking at has a plug on the end, i want to connect it straight to a battery. there are three wires can i just cut the plug odd and connect directly to the battery? any input would be great Here is the link for the motor. https://nh.craigslist.org/boa/641239777.html
thanks

Thanks
Bassmaster6

The motor you are looking at is a 12/24 volt motor that can e run on either voltage you can cut the plug off and hook straight up
You will need two deep cycle batteries a short jumper wire.
you will need to figure out which of the wires is the negative and hook that up to the negative connection on battery #1 then hook up the 12 volt positive wire to the positive connection on battery #1 run a jumper from the positive connection on battery # 1 to the negative connection on Battery #2 then hook the positive 24 volt wire to the positive connection on battery# 2 that will give you the 12/24 volt hook up that motor needs

Wayne

Yes, you can run straight to the battery, but that's not recommended, at least without a fuse or circuit breaker inline to prevent things from getting too far out of hand.

Latest posts