livewell

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txaf1968

Reaction score
So I've been lurking around for some time now. I've got 1971 Quatchita 15'. I've made some modifications and now I need help.
I have a live well with no bottom drain hole(don't want one). How would I go about setting it up? I'm thinking two pumps(one fill, one drain with a through hull overflow ). The question I have is this: Can I use a sump pump for the drain? It would be inside the live well submerged whenever its full of water. May be a silly question but I'm not sure this will work the way I'm thinking in my head :?:

If you're not going to put a hole in the LW then a bilge pump is an option, however it will not get all of the water out.
If you can get a thru hull put in the bottom of the LW I'd suggest doing that. Then you can add an aerator pump to the transom and have a hose from the pump to fill and a hose to the drain hole to drain. That hose would go to another thru hull. But with this method, you'll need an overflow.

I'm sure there are several threads on here, try doing a search.

I'd be careful about using a bottom through hull setup. I know for a fact that a through hull fitting when placed in certain areas of the hull will act like a high pressure nozzle when the boats on plane if the hole isn't plugged with something. I had a buddy that thought his boat was gonna sink from this once. It didn't sink but my butt got soaking wet. :lol:

Latest posts