Battery charger suggestions needed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitetailhntr

Reaction score
Looking into purchasing a new battery charger for the truck and ATVs. I'd like one that has a trickle charge feature and can charge AGM batteries. What are you guys using?? any suggestions??

My group 31 AGM has a warning sticker on it to never exceed 15.2 Volts when charging. Of the 4 chargers I own I can only use a one AMP motorcycle battery charger that goes to14.8 volts. All the others go to 15.4-15.5 volts. I can still get a full charge with it to 13.4 volts overnight.

AGM's must be different than lead/acid batteries.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Schumacherreg-Fully-Automatic-Portable-Battery-Chargers/1288793.uts?No=0&destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fbattery-chargers-jump-starters%2F_%2FN-1100566%2FNo-0%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104268780%3FrecordsPerPage%3D18

This is the one I use, I don't run agm batteries but it is rated for use on them. I like the fact it's automatic so I don't have to worry about cooking the batteries and if I wanted I could leave it hooked up year round. On high I can charge a battery overnight and be ready the next day.

Latest posts