What guage wire for bow mount and 2 transom mounts and 4 bat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Heath

Reaction score
Im in the infant stages of a new build. I will be mounting two 55 lb thrust minn kotas on the rear and a 55 bow mount on a Alumnacraft 14/42 and will be doing decking as well. I plan on running the transom motors to 2 batteries wired parallel and 2 to the bow mount parallel also. For an on board charger, I was to use the NOCO genius 4 bank to make things easier. If the budget allows, I also want to do 2 bigfoot switches up front so I wont have to be going back and fourth. My lake is small, 140 acres and its electric only and 14ft max.

Ive seen 3 or 4 of these builds and they look good and are stable. I know stable is relevant but Im going to give it a go. I spent alot of time looking for a minimum of a 48" bottom boat and the 14/52's are super hard to find but the 48's jump in price so much, even used. I ran accross this 14/42 a mile from the house and cheap so I went with it. It will be a fall project as I already fish from a current boat that is up and ready.

Back to my title What guage wire would be best to do the batteries in parallel running to all the motors and bigfoot switches? Also, can someone recommend a fuse box or junction so I wont melt it and sink! lol

Ill be sure to make a build thread as well.

Thanks guys!

First you'll have to find out the amp draw of each motor, and the total length of each circuit (both pos & neg cable).
Once you've gotten that there's charts that will give you the correct gauge to use.

Latest posts