Everstart MAXX Or Optima Blue top

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBRMINER

Reaction score
The Battery in the Lund Project has a 2009 Sticker on it, so obviously I want to replace it anyways, Plus it only takes a charge to 12.1...... So, the question is do I go with the Everstart Maxx from Walmart considering that this one is from 2009 and is still reasonably useable, Or do I get an Optima Blue Top?

Maxx is $99.97 Optima is $163 Online.....

any thoughts?

Everstart Maxx has been flawless for me. I have a size 29 and it runs all day and I've recharged it on average twice a week for over a year now. Still as strong as day one. I went and bought a size 24 for the rear of the boat as well.

have had a blue top in the boat for 8 years now use for starting a house power, still going strong and thats in AZ 120*+ heat,,, as I sit here at 11:30 pm its still 103, but its a dry heat lol

It all depends on the motor you have.

Does your OB have a voltage regulator or just a rectifier?

My older Merc (1985) only has a rectifier and depends on the battery to absorb voltage fluctuations.
None of the glass mat batteries will do this well.
They need a well regulated charge voltage, without it you will either damage your battery or OB.

After much research My Motor does indeed just have a rectifier. So Everstart MAXX it is... On a side note I have to stay with a 24 because the battery compartment isn't big enough for a 27.... Oh well, even the worn out one is still enough for a few hours of trolling and cranking the motor. i'm sure a new MAXX will be just fine thanks for the help!

Probably a good choice. I have a group 29 MAXX that is 3 years old and going strong and that is with poor care on my part. I never keep a trickle on it nor am very diligent about recharging it quickly after use.

Latest posts