Hatch switches.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbird68

Reaction score
Looking for switches to automatically have compartment lights come on when I open the hatch lid. Something like a refigerator door switch. Something like the photo here but needs to be normally closed instead of normally open. I don't have lights in place yet but am looking to add LED light strips to my interior and compartments.

Attachments

• 21ONRov4UbL.jpg
    21ONRov4UbL.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 1,007
I haven't tried this yet, since my boat is sorely lacking in storage space...but.

We put one each of these into our pantries. They light up when we open the door, and go off when we close them. No wiring required. They just stick on the wall. Even with far more daily activity than a boat, the batteries last more than a year. They won't power any LED strips,but....you might not need the strips, either. They provide lots of light for our purpose.

richg99

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T1O1DXY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

51M7t-jBmKL._SL1000_.jpg

richg99 said:
We put one each of these into our pantries. They light up when we open the door, and go off when we close them. No wiring required. They just stick on the wall. Even with far more daily activity than a boat, the batteries last more than a year. They won't power any LED strips,but....you might not need the strips, either. They provide lots of light for our purpose.

I was going to suggest the same thing; I have similar lights in my gun safe and ammunition cabinet that run on a few AA batteries, which just needed replacement after 2-years. Mine are motion activated and as soon as you open the door they come on and provide good light.

Otherwise, one of these might be what you're looking for:

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Ademco-955PST-WH-Plunger-Terminals/dp/B000M5OW3Y/ref=pd_bxgy_421_3

enginerd said:
richg99 said:

I was going to suggest the same thing; I have similar lights in my gun safe and ammunition cabinet that run on a few AA batteries, which just needed replacement after 2-years. Mine are motion activated and as soon as you open the door they come on and provide good light.

Otherwise, one of these might be what you're looking for:

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Ademco-955PST-WH-Plunger-Terminals/dp/B000M5OW3Y/ref=pd_bxgy_421_3

Me too! the ones i got have magnets on the back. i have a couple in the top of the safe and one on each shelf of ammo.

Latest posts