G-force TM handle on Edge TM?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDflats

Reaction score
I have a Ranger RT188 and it came with a Minn Kota Edge TM. I hate the lift ropes on TM's because they seem to break and always at a bad time. Yesterday I changed the rope and put on a G-Force TM cable. After installing it I noticed the package had on it ; not recommended for MK Edge. Just wondering if anyone has used the G-Force cable on a MK Edge TM. I had bought a used Edge for my old Alumacraft and it had the cable on it for 4 years or so with no problems. I don't think it was actually a G-Force but it was a poly coated cable. Thanks for any input.

i think I read a post or review where someone put one on an Edge. I'm curious as I broke the original rope on mine a few trips ago while loading my boat on the trailer. I replaced it with some tie line I had laying around but it has a little too much stretch and I feel like it won't last long. It was pretty hard to get in there to tie that thing on so I don't know how hard it will be to get a cable attached.

So far it's good. I only had it out once, right now but I docked the boat cause of lightning, but the TM cable is smooth.

Latest posts