Raymarine Dragonfly 7 Pro

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillPlayfoot

Reaction score
Anyone using the Raymarine Dragonfly 7 Pro? I am thinking about purchasing one this weekend. Youtube vids show it is amazing. What is it really like?

I went to Sail.ca, then watched a bunch of Youtube.com reviews and then on Sunday went to the Sail store in Cambridge Ontario. The sales clerk was able to answer all my questions. While talking to the sales clerk two other customers recommended the Dragonfly 7 Pro. They said the fishfinder was the best bang for the buck. $643 Canadian including taxes later I walked out of the store with the fishfinder.
This coming weekend I will install it on my boat. Then I have to wait until spring to use it.

I installed the Raymarine Dragonfly 7 Pro today
Sure is a lot larger than the Lowrance X91 I was using.
There is nothing wrong with the Lowrance. I just wanted the GPS tracking the Lowrance did not have.
I know a fellow who does not have a fish finder on his boat so I am going to give the Lowrance to him if he wants it.

Attachments

• IMG_1694.JPG
    IMG_1694.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,581
Nice. I’ve always been a Humminbird guy but your post got me looking at the Raymarine units. I think I’ve been converted...

Thanks for the post!

I have this unit and love the graphics. Raymarine is a long time player in large boat electronics, so they know what they are doing. Great customer service too. A new model , the Element, I think, just came out to replace the Dragonfly.

jeffh129 said:
I have this unit and love the graphics. Raymarine is a long time player in large boat electronics, so they know what they are doing. Great customer service too. A new model , the Element, I think, just came out to replace the Dragonfly.

Yeah, Dragonfly is a little small for my taste, but the Element line looks nice!

After adjusting the transducer angle this Raymarine Dragonfly works perfectly for me. The downview shows the bottom at 200 foot depth as well and as clear as at 12 foot depths. The sonar is great too. I'm liking it so far this year.

Latest posts