Old lowrance

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justaguy442

Reaction score
So awhile ago a thought entered my mind. Who was a better fishermen ? The guy in 2019 who has the latest and greatest or the guy from the 70's you really had the basics and relied on knowledge.

So I picked up a mid 70's 14 foot princecraft ( I still have my LUND) I just bought a 1974 Lowrance flasher, and going to hunt down some 70's fishing rods and reels. Pretty excited about going back to basics . Should be a blast. Paid $25 for the flasher, it came with the box and everything that it originally came with.

Attachments

• 20190223_123015.jpg
    20190223_123015.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 696
I think the same thing. Back in the 70's I had a Heathkit fish finder. I think it was more of a depth finder because all it ever showed was the bottom. I don't think I catch anymore today with the fancy electronics then I did back in the 70's. Maybe more fish back then??

I have to say I would go through serious withdrawal if I didn't have the high def fish finder, GPS, and lake mapping software.