mk or mg?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipster dufus

Reaction score
so, fed up with my edge 55# mk. gonna go w a 70# variable speed foot control. quetion is which one? last 3 motors were mk. all 3 were edge models. brother swears by mg. mg a little bit cheaper. any and all opinions on either are welcome. leaning towards a maxxum or an x3. thanks

I've had good luck with my Minn Kota motors and I've had a bunch. That said, I'm getting ready to buy a new 36v motor in the next year or so and I am hearing rumblings of Lowrance coming out with something, so I'm waiting to see what that might be. I think between MK and MG it's almost a toss up, with MK getting the edge simply due to the dealer network and repair shops.

Ford vs Chevy. I’m an MK guy, buddy uses MG. I like Humminbird units, he’s Lowrance. I don’t see a huge usable difference between products except I like the durability of the composite shaft, put them to the test a few times, and I’ve never needed a special prop nut to lessen vibrations and quiet my prop down, haha. Either way Kipawa props are better than the factory ones.

If there is an authorized factory repair facility near you, that could be a factor in choosing one over the other, other than that you would probably be happy with either brand.

Latest posts