Rubber well nuts ripping off!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Second set of BPS rubber well nuts/ rivet nuts/ blind nuts ripped off again! I mounted 4 with 1/2" holes as stated in directions, tightened securely,and without even using the TM,I went out last night to see the 46lb motor guide pro had pulled out again!! It's the same TM I had on my 170 tracker,with same 4 mounting holes as before, I don't know what is wrong or if I did anything wrong... Any ideas guys??

Well,truth is ... well nuts are NOT strong on sheer strength. But if this is what the trolling motor says to use, you may have the wrong length for the thickness of material you are holding it to, as they would lead to infantile or premature failure.

If you can, the strongest "blind" hole fastener would be a stainless steel 'Toggler". Can buy them online from MSC Fasteners for best pricing.

I drilled the rivets to access panel in very front of boat. Trim the well nuts down to thickness of deck where TM mounts...this is to act as a bushing and isolated for motor. I'm fastening mount with stainless bolts thru shortened well nut/bushing...then stainless fender washer and nuts. Perfect now. I've had it with the wellnut motor mounts.. just isn't working as advertised...

Latest posts