Side imaging fish finder that wont break the bank?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaisedByWolves

Reaction score
Are there any out there that will give me only SI and DI without GPS and a bunch of unnecessary bells and whistles?

I fish primarily a local 1000+ acre quarry and I seriously doubt Ill get lost or wont be able to find a hole next time out. :roll:

What are my options in this area?

RaisedByWolves said:
Are there any out there that will give me only SI and DI without GPS and a bunch of unnecessary bells and whistles?

I fish primarily a local 1000+ acre quarry and I seriously doubt Ill get lost or wont be able to find a hole next time out. :roll:

What are my options in this area?

If you are buying a side imaging unit you will be looking at higher end units in general. All the higher end units will be feature rich and unfortunately I don't think you'll find any with side imaging that do not have GPS. If it's any consolation the real cost add is in the side imaging, the GPS functionality is a minor part of the device cost.

How much is in the bank?
You can get DI in a Humminbird Piranhamax 4 for ~$150.
You might also consider a used unit a generation or two older than current.

If you're trying to keep costs down I'd be looking for a used one, 798's were very reliable and had the features you're looking for and can be found for under $300.

There is a Facebook group of Humminbird and Minn Kota owners selling/buying used equipment, that's where I found both my transducer and an 898 headunit for my brother.

You don't get a warranty, but you're saving 50% or more off the cost of a new unit.

If you want to go new the Helix 5 is probably your least expensive option that will have the features you're looking for.

Latest posts