Depth finder quick connect harness

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm mounting my depth finder transducer on my trolling motor. Instead of having 15' of cable to deal with when moving the motor around I was wondering if there was a way to cut the cable and put some sort of quick connect harness on it. That way the cable can stay in the boat but I can just unplug the transducer wire.

Anyone done this? Any issues or gotchas to be aware of? What did you use for the harness?

Thanks

I would check with the mfg's customer service about doing that. I expect most mainstream fish finder manufacturers will have short cable adapter options with the correct pin connectors, but I'm thinking that won't solve your issue.

Oh god, I hope I caught you before cutting the wire... do NOT cut a transducer cable wire! It is sized specifically in a way that works with the crystal in the 'ducer and can not be cut.

I see where guys say they have spliced them back together successfully. But I agree with Jethro. I wouldn't cut it either. I'll sound like a broken record now. Seems like your best bet might be talking to the unit's manufacturer. Give em a call. Who knows, you might get lucky.

I have mine in a roll made inside a section of PET cable sleeving. Keeps it in a nice neat loop out of the way but didn't involve cutting anything. PM me your address and I'll mail you a few feet of it, I bought a 100' roll for making rod socks to go with the custom rods I build, so I've got plenty of material to spare.

Latest posts