Rubber isolators for

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipster dufus

Reaction score
Yippee, sold my 55# minn Kota. Got a maxxum 70# on the way , does anyone use a lanyard kind of rubber isolators between ur boat deck and tm mount? Motor going on my g3 1756 thought about cutting a pc of Eva foam to sandwich between deck and mount. Any opinions or ideas welcome tia

Both my motors have been mounted directly to the foredeck. May I ask, what are you specifically trying to accomplish by rubber mounting the motor? They rubber mount combustion engines because of the vibration caused by the engine, but an electric trolling motor doesn't produce vibration. On my Starcraft I actually recently had to stiffen my aluminum foredeck (which is made from a stop sign) because it was flexing more than I liked. Ideally a trolling motor should have no flex to it, it should transfer all the power immediately. I would think rubber mounting it would be a mistake but I may be wrong.

My minnkota and motorguide both came with rubber bushings/washers. I understand it is to reduce vibration of the boat. Aluminum is prone to vibration at some frequency.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

i was looking to dampen vibration running and trailering. i just mounted my new maxxum straight to my g3. was able to get 6 bolts and fender washers w nylocks on it. rock solid trailering and running.way better mount then my edge

Latest posts