New guy looking for electrical help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splashback

Reaction score
I am converting a 15' aluminum Sea Nymph to a Bass Boat. The plan is to run a 24V trolling motor on the bow and a 12V trolling motor on the stern next to my 9.9. I also want to run a fishfinder on the bow and a smaller fishfinder on the stern. The last necessity is a bilge pump.
I'm pretty handy, but not too experienced with electrical. Is there anybody that can help me with a wiring diagram?
Thanks so much

splashback said:
I am converting a 15' aluminum Sea Nymph to a Bass Boat. The plan is to run a 24V trolling motor on the bow and a 12V trolling motor on the stern next to my 9.9. I also want to run a fishfinder on the bow and a smaller fishfinder on the stern. The last necessity is a bilge pump.
I'm pretty handy, but not too experienced with electrical. Is there anybody that can help me with a wiring diagram?
Thanks so much

Sounds like some sort of switch panel is in order. Bring in 12 volts, fuse / breaker and switch to FF's and bilge pump. You're likely going to want lighting too and a switch panel will make your issue a simple one of a home run wire for each appliance.

FYI, IMO even if your bilge pump has a float, a bypass switch is a good idea.

Hook the 2 12V batteries in series for the 24v motor, but hook the 12V stuff up to the middle connection, (1st battery) only. Fuse everything as close to batteries as possible. Not sure how you charge a 24V setup. Maybe just do 1 at a time?

CedarRiverScooter said:
Hook the 2 12V batteries in series for the 24v motor, but hook the 12V stuff up to the middle connection, (1st battery) only. Fuse everything as close to batteries as possible. Not sure how you charge a 24V setup. Maybe just do 1 at a time?

Several companies make 24v chargers. Noco, Promariner are two brands I've owned, and the Noco was the best fit for me. Price is directly proportional to the charge current.

Latest posts