Wiring a panel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vader809

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Can someone help with wiring this pane
All of the posts are two wire,in the pics the red center is the on/off switch. 20200106_173746.jpg

Attachments

• 20200106_173807.jpg
    20200106_173807.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 706
Well Vader809, I read your question and thought here is one I can actually answer. Then I looked at your photos and have the same question. I'm not seeing a third terminal on the switch.

I would expect what is shown below, but what do I know. Anyway, I look forward to the answer.

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 9.20.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 9.17.39 AM.png

I assume there is no 3rd terminal on switch because a ground wire has no purpose there.
You could use an ohmmeter or continuity tester to double check which terminals do what.
LDubbs diagram will work , just ignore the (-) connection to switch - connect the other negs to each other & back to battery (-).

Yes just run your own grounds to a grounding block and share the hot.

Is the intended purpose of the on/off switch to control a specific accessory...or is it to serve as a master power switch for the voltmeter, usb ports, and 12V outlet? Both ways would essentially be wired the same like was previously mentioned, but if you are wanting the switch to be a battery switch for the entire panel then your 12V from battery would come into one post while the other side would be jumped between all others.

Vader809 said:
I appreciate your help. Now at least I can start to wire most of it before spring.

You probably know this already, but make the battery connections last, but not before you check all of the wiring with a meter. I find red and black wire helps prevent unwanted confusing connections :)

Latest posts