Fuse block mounting

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krawfish

Reaction score
Proud owner of a new to me 14' tracker flat bottom. It's had a bit of work done to it, and not all good. The wiring is a mixture of whatever wires the previous owner could get his hands on, and all goes straight to the battery, no fuses...

I'm getting ready to gut it, and plan on installing a cheap switch panel I found on Amazon and the Blue Sea Systems fuse block with the integrated busbar. My plan is to mount the switch panel to the front of the rear bench, and mounting the fuse box inside the bench as well.

Mounting the switch panel seems straightforward, just screw it into the bench after I cut out a slot for it. How do I mount the fuse block though? In theory I could do the same thing, just on the inside, but that would leave the sharp end of screws protruding on the outside of the bench.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Best pictures I have at the moment. I'm not opposed to other ideas for mounting the switches and fuses, just brainstorming!
fd92efdfd7fcf67d0c496464f70afa23.jpg
541a267a631d416b52029d194401d096.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

I mounted my fuse block n a 2-gang electrical box after running the wires through conduit, switch panel is mounted the same as you described.

Attachments

• 20200309_203732.jpg
    20200309_203732.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 444
  • 20200310_170734.jpg
    20200310_170734.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 444
  • 20200318_204127.jpg
    20200318_204127.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 444
moecarama said:
I mounted my fuse block n a 2-gang electrical box after running the wires through conduit, switch panel is mounted the same as you described.
So your fuse block is attached to the electrical box with fasteners, but how is the electrical box secured to the boat? Is it held in place by just the conduit?

Instead of screws, use machine screws with nuts. Heads of the screws on the outside to provide a smooth surface and nuts inside. I have stuff mounted all over my boat with machine screws.

maintenanceguy said:
Instead of screws, use machine screws with nuts. Heads of the screws on the outside to provide a smooth surface and nuts inside. I have stuff mounted all over my boat with machine screws.
Thanks for the idea! This may be the route I have to take.

Krawfish said:
moecarama said:
So your fuse block is attached to the electrical box with fasteners, but how is the electrical box secured to the boat? Is it held in place by just the conduit?

It's held in place by the tension of the offset bends in the conduit and a adhesive type putty strip similar to double stick tape..trust me it wont move! I didn't want to drill anymore holes on the side considering I moved my Anchormate to the front.

Latest posts