Smartcraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eeshaw

Reaction score
Have any of you folks delved into using the Mercury Smartcraft system? I'm going to install the architecture into my boat but I'm finding that there isn't a lot on the internet about it and most dealers are in the dark.

Got it installed and running. Took a little research (lots!) but the information is out there for it. No more gauges for me. The nice thing about it is that you can still run them if you like. The newer Mercury motors come capable of using it in the four stroke 40 hp and above models. If you have a larger boat you may want to investigate it.

I found a pretty extensive article on iboats.com called "How to install a SmartCraft system". The fella that posted it answered a lot of questions. Naturally anything pertaining to my setup wasn't there but I got a pretty good idea what was going on after reading it. I did like he did and just jumped into it with both feet and ended up with one left over cable. The thing I like about it most is that I can transfer it easily from one boat to another, There's a lot of information available with these engines but it doesn't do you any good if you're using anything smaller than a 40 horse. From what I've read this stuff has been available since 2004 or thereabouts. I must be out of the loop because I'd never heard beans about it. It's pretty slick though. There's also this other stuff called Mercury SmartCraft Active Trim. It's pretty nice too but expensive.

If you can't find anything on it hit me up and I'll do what I can for you.

Latest posts