Wiring issue

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroG

Reaction score
1991 Tracker.jpgI recently purchased a 1991 Tracker Deep Pro V 17'. As I try and figure out all the moving parts and electrical components, I found that the Lowrance 5 TS is not working. No Power. Being a newbie to this type of boat, I tried to figure out what the issue was. It became clear that the unit was wired into the ACC switch. I flipped the master and ACC and still no power. So i removed console switches plate and found spliced wires and a cut wire. The red and black spliced wires are from the Lowrance TS. Attached are a few pictures for reference. Any help would be Greatly appreciated.
spliced wire.jpga

Attachments

• switches front.jpg
    switches front.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 699
  • cut wire.jpg
    cut wire.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 699
The round knob looking deals under the switches look like fuses. Did you check that? Sometimes those glass fuse elements fatigue and break, especially in a high vibration environment.

If the fuse is not the problem, you'll need to get a test light and start tracing the circuit back until you find power. Looks to me like the orange jumper wire is the power source. Since those fuses appear to be daisy chained, if the other switches work then the problem is most likely limited to the fuse panel.

Since that is a lighted 3 pin switch, it has a ground wire, and it looks like the graph ground has been spliced into it. Check that too, I'd wager it is the green wire that is jumpered over to the neighboring switch, but again, if the other switch lights are working, you can assume it is most likely working.

A lot of repeating from previous post.

Black wire to switch, appears to be (-) return. It's is typically only used on switches that have lights in them. Looks like all other switches are jumped off of it. The green wire appears to be (-) for some device.

Red or orange wire in center of switch, looks like (+) from the fuse.

Purple wire appears to be switched (+) going to splice and probably 2 devices.

I think this is a SPST switch and similar switches will be wired the same.

The far left switch looks like it could be master switch, hard to tell from picture.

If the switch lights for master and acc is lit, then fuse is good, and voltage may be ok. If not lit check fuses on switch panel first.

Also the fish finder harness may have an in line fuse, check it also.

If master & acc switch lights are lit, probably inline fuse at FF or wiring.

Just a guess, but the cut purple wire was likely replaced by the larger red wire on the acc switch, the smaller red wire probably goes to the fish finder?

The larger green wire, also a guess but probably the fish finder.

Any idea,, what else is on the acc switch?

A few corrections on my part, based on older tracker schematic.

Aerator switch looks correct.

Cut purple wire, based on older schematic goes to power up gauges and was likely replaced by red wire (if gauges power on). On remote engines it is probably wired to key switch, not the acc switch.

F342047F-ED81-4BE6-BDD1-BD1B1FDCD756.jpeg