Mondays Bowfishing/First time out on the boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadowWalker

Reaction score
Finally got the boat out for some daytime bowfishing. We did really good. They were spawning all over and the water was a mess. Bad for bass fishing, good for bowfishing. Here are the pics.

My first Double, one shot, two fish
2pytc11.jpg

the biggest, also one of the first of the day. Weighed around 12, but that was 5 or so hours after it was shot.
rsd4zt.jpg

Got my brother his first fish
1jrggl.jpg

Good Day! All the fish we took also got put to good use in the garden of the girl I work with. I think she was more excited about all the fish than we were. I am excited for the zucchini and tomatoes she will be bringing me come fall.

Good job man! =D>

I think I am going to move this into the fishing reports. Maybe we can make a new category for Bowfishing under the fishing reports. :-k

Yeah. We can shoot grass carp. We can shoot any carp (commons, bigheads, silvers, grassies, etc.), Spotted, Long, and Shortnose gar, drum, and some suckers here in Illinois. In July I am planning a trip to Kentucky to get a paddlefish.

We had close to 60 fish Monday. I am going out again here in a few minutes.

ShadowWalker said:
Yeah. We can shoot grass carp. We can shoot any carp (commons, bigheads, silvers, grassies, etc.), Spotted, Long, and Shortnose gar, drum, and some suckers here in Illinois. In July I am planning a trip to Kentucky to get a paddlefish.

We had close to 60 fish Monday. I am going out again here in a few minutes.

Nice job.

Where abouts in KY are you coming for a spoonbill?

I haven't had the chance to get out a single time this year. Some of my buddies did fairly well on gar over the weekend.

I am still trying to decide. My problem is I don't know the waters down there. I am hoping to find bodies of water that hold them near leitchfield/bowling green/Elizabethtown. Even louisville is close enough. My grandma lives in leitchfield, and I'd like to find a place no more than an hour or two from there.

I don't know a lot about the waters around the areas that you mentioned but the dams of KY and Barkley are always an option.

Spring is the best season for daytime bow fishing due to the fish bedding in shallow water for extended periods of time.