Aug.14/09

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
Went to today from 4 to 9pm.
Little windy and sunny,temp.around 80 to start low 70's,in the evening.
The day started off slow,probably because I was using a flyrod,did manage to land 3 little bass on a mickey finn fly.Switched over to a spinnerbait and cruised the shoreline,still the bass were few and far between.
Decided to fish the wind blown side of a flat,couple hundered yards off shore and man the little smallies were almost ever cast for alittle while,gorging themselves on little kiacks(gaspereau).Heres alittle video of some top water,sory the picture quality went down when I transfered it?[youtube]RWtCPuAbNb8[/youtube]
Alot of the smallies were around a pound,a bunch of clones...14.08.09 003.jpg
Did manage to land one nice bass though,on a terminator spinnerbait,Never had my tape with me but was over 20"s for sure,4+lbs,real fat.14.08.09 002.jpg14.08.09 001.jpg
I also caught a pickeral around 18"s,first one I ever caught in this lake,someone must have illegally introduced it:(

Thanks guys,fixed the video quality,guess 512 wasn't clear enough.
Fixing buzzbaits and spinnerbaits today,elastics,skirts,beads...have to get some more skirts,probably find them online.spinners.jpg
Guess my favorite spinners are the terminator or titanium ones,don't have to mess with the wires to get them to run right,if your catching a few fish in a row.

It don't matter bout the size ...its the catchin that matters =D> =D> =D> ...I love to catch smallies no matter how big they are...JIGGY

I've never caught a largemouth bass,don't have them anywhere near me.
That smallie on the net,had to be 22+ inches...went and measured the net it's on and it's 21 inches across and the fish would over hang the net...guess I should of weighed it.

Way to go Zum!!!

But I gotta ask.. What kind of camera are you using and how are you wearing it? I'm looking to do something like that in the near future

I think I have a post on here somewhere maybe another fishing post,with video.
Cameras just a canon powershot 610(photo camera)took an old hat put quarter inch bolt through it,,,mount it by putting the bolt into the tripod place.
A smaller digital would be lighter,if you where going to use it alot.
Heres the link with hat picture a few posts down:
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9459