First Solo Musky!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
Welp, I hit the lake today with a good feeling for gettin' me a musky. Got on the water about 8:30, A buddy joined me til 10:30 with no luck. :( Came around 1-1:30 and started to loose hope as I was almost to the end of the last spot I had planned to fish. But the fish didn't fail me, This girl came out of nowhere just as I was starting into the "8" and nailed my believer. This is my first solo fish! Talk about a rush! :mrgreen:

IMG_0295.jpg

russ010 said:
Nice work bubba! How fun was it netting it by yourself!

Nerve racking! I thought I was gonna loose him. Trying to handle a net that I could fit in with one hand, with a 40" musky on the end of my rod in the other hand....i'm sure it was comical.... :lol:

Nice fish, Bubba.

I wouldn't mind heading east one of these days and trying my hand for one of those myself.

Nice man!! I told you..... if I dont go youll get one!! Looks like i wont get to go anytime soon... LOL!!!

Bubba said:
russ010 said:
Nice work bubba! How fun was it netting it by yourself!

Nerve racking! I thought I was gonna loose him. Trying to handle a net that I could fit in with one hand, with a 40" musky on the end of my rod in the other hand....i'm sure it was comical.... :lol:

LMAO... Be thankful you had a net.... :shock:

Congrats Bubba!! :beer:

Andy said:
Be thankful you had a net.... :shock:

If I wouldn't have had a net, I don't know that I could've got a pic of him....and probably would've ended up with a hook through my hand. He was thrashing like crazy, thats the nice thing about having a suitable net for them....you just pull your hands back and let them do what they want(all while remaining in the water)....they will eventually calm down. Once they calm down, work out the mess(had to cut two hooks to get it untangled...which is best), get the bait out of the net and away from the fish to avoid more hooking, then let the fish sit in the net(while still in the water) while you prepare your camera(I used a timer), pick the fish out of the net, hit the button, and wait for the flash. Then make sure to revive the fish properly before letting it go(holding it by the tail, thrusting it through the water to get water flowing through the gills), then one last good thrust and off they'll swim. Sounds like alot, but when your adrenaline is pumping, long as you keep your head, it goes fairly quickly with proper perparation(making sure the net is extended and ready to go, having release tools ready....hook cutters, pliers, etc, and camera easily accessible).

Latest posts