Crankworms Michigan Fishing Adventures

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crankworm

Reaction score
I thought I would start a thread of my fishing adventures that I could just update instead of starting a new one every time I want brag :wink: . I will start this out by posting a couple of pics of the most recent trip. The Chick and I got a little burned out on salmon fishing this summer so we decided to do some perch fishing in lake erie. We launched out of Bolles Harbor near Monroe Mi on 10/8 and 10/11. did pretty good, here are a few pics.The fillet knife is 12" long from handle to tip just to give some reference.

Attachments

• SSCN1900.JPG
    SSCN1900.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 233
  • SSCN1901.JPG
    SSCN1901.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 233
Ahab, we are limited to how far out we can go because we don't have Ohio licences. Being so late in the year I don't feel like paying $40 each. We fished between 15 and 25 feet of water with minnows on speader rigs. It was a little weird fishing near the Fermi nuclear plant. I was expecting to hook into a 3 eyed fish like on Simpsons.

Attachments

• SSCN1902.JPG
    SSCN1902.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 227
Is that 10 feet max in lake erie or inland lakes? We fish for perch on a couple smaller lakes near my parents cabin usually in 6-12' of water. Nuclear fish seem to be just as tasty fryed!

This update isn't Michigan fishing but it is an update, I went down to Florida to visit my brother for a few days, wow was the weather nice. We rented a small boat out of New Port Richie and did some fishing, I'm 32 and this was my first fishing trip in saltwater. We fished mostly in a big bay of grass flats it was low tide and the water wasn't deeper then a foot in the whole bay. It was very awesome to see fish swimming and jumping everywhere I looked! We caught a few little fish we threw back, then I hooked into a 26" red I can't believe how hard that thing fought.

Attachments

• flats fishing.jpg
    flats fishing.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 181
  • flats fishing 2.jpg
    flats fishing 2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 181
hamar507 said:
That's why I live in Florida. Come down for Tarpon season if you want a fight, you'll be doing it for an hour.

See you in June!!! :D

Nice fishing Crankworm.

Hey Crankworm, nice mess of perch =D> Check out my request in Watering Hole about charters on Lake Erie - maybe you can help with some info???

Nice Red!!! Pound for pound it's hard to beat the fight of a Redfish. Your hooked now!!!! We boated over 30 of them this past Saturday. Needless to say, we were all whipped.