Personal Best's

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugpac

Reaction score
Well, no one wants a dead forum, So I am unleashing, Im know to be a bit of a post ***** to BTW... If i missed a similar topic somewhere please feel free to point me in the right direction...

Here is My personal Best, 6lbs 7oz caught on Jd Baits Fatboy Dark green pumpkin/Black flake, Gaven to me by Russ010, Dipped 1" of it in Chartreuse spike it, On November 17th 2009, water was muddy and around 55 degrees, I cast it out weightless t rigged and let it sit on the bottom, while answering a text message from Russ010, As soon as i put my phone in my pocket my line to off running. It was caught in about 6' of water..

Attachments

• 003 [640x480].jpg
    003 [640x480].jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 792
Good new crazyman, we do. Caught on smallwood lake this past summer. was a cold day and we didnt catch much, but I managed to catch this 5 pounder on the frog, then a 3.5 pounder on the very next cast.

Frogging is so underrated its not even funny.

Sorry the picture is so crappy, taken in my cell with "one" megapixel. Can't see the belly on it b/c of the hoody color, but it looked like she hadn't spawned yet (although I'm sure she did).

Attachments

• fish- smallwood.JPG
    fish- smallwood.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 779
dyeguy1212 said:
And then moved to GA to avoid losing it all in this economy right :lol: :wink:

I don't know about that, all was pretty much gone before I moved... I been here since march 09.. It isnt much better, certainly isnt any worse, Lot better fishing anyways...

My PB caught this year 4lbs 3ozs although I think my buddys scale was off and it weighed more :---). This was the first year I really started to focus in on bass fishing and I'm really enjoying it alot. This fish was caught in 4ft of water (stained) around 70 degrees and was in some thick pads. Caught it on a texas rigged zoom trick worm (motor oil color)

Attachments

• Lake Lenape 005.jpg
    Lake Lenape 005.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 771
Thats the biggest 4 # 3 oz bass I ever seen ...Like ya said I think his Scale was off.....It will get in your blood me friend I been bass fishin for almost 50 yrs and I do love it so...I try to go at least 3 to 4 times every week even if its just a walk around the local pit is all.....JIGGY

PS: My best bass is a 13# 4oz from Fla...June of 1978 on a Arkansas shiner ....9# 6 oz from Ky Lake in 1982 on a black blue Arkie jig with blue fleck uncle josh pork strip.....Pictures long gone years ago....

I caught my personal best LM in March of 2008 at Parvin State Park. I guesstimated that it weighed 4lbs. I caught it while I was on a quick trip to get out of the house and didn't bring my scale or camera... #-o I caught it on a Zoom Brushhog in the Junebug color Texas rigged while I was fishing off of the dock. It was also the first fish I caught on a brand new rod and reel setup that I just purchased. I was grinning from ear to ear after that....and I still do everytime I think of that day. :mrgreen:

ACarbone624 said:
I caught my personal best LM in March of 2008 at Parvin State Park. I guesstimated that it weighed 4lbs. I caught it while I was on a quick trip to get out of the house and didn't bring my scale or camera... #-o I caught it on a Zoom Brushhog in the Junebug color Texas rigged while I was fishing off of the dock. It was also the first fish I caught on a brand new rod and reel setup that I just purchased. I was grinning from ear to ear after that....and I still do everytime I think of that day. :mrgreen:

Stories are sometimes better than pictures, All tho its hard to beat a picture, Your story reminds me of feelings when i was fishing with a brand new combo, Heck i have caught my personal best 3x in one month in November 2009.. The memorys of the entire catch are burned in my brain right now...

Here's mine. She was 6 lbs even and 24 1/4 long. Caught out of a small state pond here in GA. When I caught it I just knew I had the wall hanger I have been after. I was crushed when she only went 6, and I was really mad at myself for keeping the fish especially since I feel that fish would have been 10 or better in the spring. After that fish I keep a scale, a tape, and decent camera with me on every trip. I catch and release every fish and if I do happen to run across on 10 lbs or better, I will get the dimensions, weight, some good photos and get a replica made.

layingfarm1126091.jpg

Man that thing has some bug eyes... One thing I am gonna start doing is taking photos on the golden rule, and measuring them... Gunny, that sure looks bigger than 6lbs to me, what did you weigh it with?

My PB is still swimming around KY Lake. :lol:

I have an 8-6 mounted but broke one off right at the boat a few years ago that could have eaten it for breakfast. :cry:

I'm thinkin the same thing Gunny that fish had to weigh more tham 6 +....Did u happen to measure the length or Girth of her... You can do some pretty close calculation of a fishes weight that way....JIGGY

https://www.myoan.net/fishing/weight_calc.html
https://www.csgnetwork.com/fishfreshwtcalc.html

I weighed it on a digital house scale, I weighed myself sans fish and then with fish. Both times the difference came out to 6 lbs. I figured weighing it like that would negate any issues the scale may have. The fish was 24 1/4 long and I didn't get any girth measuerments. It was really thin, almost emaciated looking.

:twisted: My PB from New Jersey is 7lb 1oz. Also have a 6lb 14oz from Joisey. No pics of either one. Here's a pic of my third best 6lb 9oz.

Attachments

• davis_mill_pond_6lb 9oz.jpg
    davis_mill_pond_6lb 9oz.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 258
:cry:

I don't have pictures of my personal best but it was at least 10 pounds and....oh wait I cant lie.

It was huge for sure 6-7 pounds. Beat to crap, battle scar Bass on the Charles River. It took 10 minutes to get to the boat, I thought I was hooked on a log and then it moved. It was awesome because I was the only one on thew boat that did not catch anything, and it was the last cast under a bridge near the boat dock. I couldn't of asked for anything better except a camera.

Latest posts