Neighborhood pond 4/6/10

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cavman138

Reaction score
Went across the street to my neighborhood pond and put in a neighbors boat just to paddle around since my boat is still in the works. I decided I wanted to teach myself how to use a jig so thats all I used. I think it was 3/8oz or 1/2oz. Pumpkin seed with matching trailer. Only caught two, but the second was a fat 3.5lber ready to spawn. She was hugging the shoreline. I actually threw the jig up on shore and popped it into the water and on the 2nd bounce she took hold and didn't let go.

Here she is

Attachments

• Meade drive Pond 4-6-10.jpg
    Meade drive Pond 4-6-10.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 157
Nice! I've been having pretty good luck with a jig so far this year too. Seems to take some pretty drastic snaps of the rod tip to get them to commit though (which I don't mind.. finessing them into a bite isn't my cup of tea)

dyeguy1212 said:
Nice! I've been having pretty good luck with a jig so far this year too. Seems to take some pretty drastic snaps of the rod tip to get them to commit though (which I don't mind.. finessing them into a bite isn't my cup of tea)

I have only been fishing a jig in the same pond this year so far and I have used that same technique I mentioned... let it drop off the shore then just bounce it slightly a few times. They are bedding down around here so they aren't too happy about anything coming into their territory.

Thanks guys for the replies

Latest posts