Glenn Springs, TN -NEW PICS!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanielrthomas

Reaction score
I went out to Glenn Springs Lake yesterday for about an hour and a half. It was a little windy, but I found a cove where it was calm. I caught a small bass pitching a weightless Trick Worm along the sides of the vegetation. He was the only one I caught, but I had a good time.

I included a picture of my new fising partner, Cooper. Believe it or not, he is actually just as productive as my old fishing partner :LOL2: , and he doesnt borrow all my gear and lose my tackle. There were a few guys in a glitter rocket laughing at me when Cooper started barking at them. Oh well, at least my boat doesn't have glitter on it.

UPDATE:
I got back out on Glenn Springs yesterday. Had a real good day. Put in about two hours after work, and ended up catching 5 bass. A couple 3 pounders, one 2 pounder, and 1 at almost 4#. I also had a little 6" bass on a fluke. I didnt get a pic of the bigger one because I had to bring in a basketball sized chunk of vegetation(see background of pics). I got my new deck dirty for the first time #-o oh well it had to happen sometime. Had a great time. Ive been fishing by myself out there, so if any of you guys are in the area(memphis), I can put you on a few fish. -Nate

Attachments

• coopphoto.jpg
    coopphoto.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 216
  • bassphoto.jpg
    bassphoto.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 216
  • g1photo.jpg
    g1photo.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 164
  • g2photo.jpg
    g2photo.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 164
  • g3photo.jpg
    g3photo.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 164
I wish Kodiak (my 100lb + German Shepherd) would only take up that much deck space... he picks his spot, and then I get to fish wherever he isn't...

I've fished Glenn Springs several times over the past few years and my report is about the same as yours, always windy w/ one or two fish.

=D> =D> =D> =D> WTG......Good report....I fished a trick worm(white zoom) around weedlines yesterday....used my new rod too guys ..... in a strip pit caught a bunch of small fish I had a blast they exploded on those suckers.....JIGGY

My family is from Munford and I was living in Millington before moving to Texas. We used to catch bream and bass out of Glenn Springs. Back then the lake was new and most of the bass where 1 to 2 pounds. Caught them at each end of the lake on top water as fast as you could cast in. Saw a guy step of of his boat fighting a bass one time. When he finally popped back up he pulled the rod out of the water with the fish on it. Said he hit the trolling motor and it went the opposite direction than he was expecting and threw him in the water.

russ010 said:
I wish Kodiak (my 100lb + German Shepherd) would only take up that much deck space... he picks his spot, and then I get to fish wherever he isn't...

No kidding.. my husky/german shepherd loves to stomp on my rods when shes looking over the edge... I need to get the rear deck of my boat done so she has a place of her own :lol:

dyeguy1212 said:
russ010 said:

No kidding.. my husky/german shepherd loves to stomp on my rods when shes looking over the edge... I need to get the rear deck of my boat done so she has a place of her own :lol:

Yeah Cooper only weighs about 4lbs, so he can lay pretty much anywhere. Last week I caught him trying to chew off a uncle josh pork frog off a jig that was still attached to my rod. Thats really the only thing I have to watch out for though. He does really well on the boat, and he enjoys laying in the sun. We usually share a can of vienna sausages on the water.

Hes the only good thing I got from break up with the ex girlfriend. I didnt pick him out, nor would I ever think I would enjoy a dog like him, but hes really turned into my best bud the last couple of months. I like the little guy. You can call him a girly dog if you want, but hes cool in my book, and thats all that matters. :LOL2:

Guess I'm guilty of having a girly dog too :D A 7lb and also a 70lb headache.........

071909_1109[00].jpg

Attachments

• 080809_1933[00].jpg
    080809_1933[00].jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 129

Latest posts