May 19th 2010 Barkley lake

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigster60

Reaction score
Went to Barkley today.... Was all hyped up for a top water frog bite......Started fishing buck brush and did reasonably well on a Ribbit frog with a double hook set-up....Caught 4 keepers best around 3 pounds....It was overcast most of the morning till about 1 pm then the sun came out and frog bite died....I went to secondary points and caught several smallish fish on a crankbait in about 7 feet of water but nada on size....5 pm I moved back into shallows hopin the frog bite would emerge again but all I caught was a couple dinko's ..... Then I remember this culvert I use to catch fish off of when they transitioned from bedding to post spawn....This area is 8 feet deep in the culvert itself and away from the bank leading out to main body of the creek it shallows to 3 and 4 feet with a gravel bar that runs way out into the lake....I got the old worm rod out and said to meself i bet there are a few girls still bedding.....Caught 5 keepers off this bar and culvert area in about 40 mins time took 3 pics......JIGGY

Ps: in the 3rd pic u can actually see the Culvert

https://s702.photobucket.com/albums/ww23/jigster60/May%2019th%202010/

Nice fish Jiggy. How's the water level at Barkley?

Last I heard it was way up, but the pic with the culvert looks like it's back to normal.

Ty sir.......The Lake level is still about a foot over summer pool and the color in the backs of the creeks is clearing nicely.....Should be some good post spawn fishing in next couple weeks before they head out to them ledges for the summer....................JIGGY

Latest posts