Fri.night

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
Arrived at the lake around 5.
An old friend was at the launch,havn't seen him in about a year.
We must have talked for a hour,one of his first comments was"you got a light?"lol
He needed a light bad as his lighter went over board and he hadn't had a smoke in 3 hours.
He makes his own baits/molds so he said he would trade me some baits for the matches.
fri nite (5).JPG
He would of gave them to me anyways,wants to know how they work.His frogs are hollow and he put acouple bearings in the feet so the frog would sit on more of an angle in the water.The bearings were to heavy,making the frog sink and killing the leg action.Still might be good if I squeeze the bearings out,didn't get a chance to do it as the bass were liking the spinnerbaits and buzzbaits.
Heres acouple pictures of bass.Nothing to big,around a 11/2 lbs.
fri nite (2).JPG
fri nite.JPG
Didn't plan on staying till dark,but the talking earlier cut into fishing time so it had to be done.
Night time is crazy.
It's only like my thrid time this year doing it,should do it more often.
Throw your line out,put your thumb on the spool to stop it and slowly start to bring the buzzbait in.
The bass were just sucking the lure down again,I mean they aren't hammering it but sneaking up from the rear.
Heres acouple of the night time bass.The one that is on my leg is 22"s,not to fat though.
fri nite (4).JPG
fri nite (3).JPG
It's weird at night,can't tell how big the fish is.Never had my net ready on acouple of nice ones,till they freaked out at the boat.
Forgot to mention the bats...They starteled the crap out of me.At times I think they were trying to grab my buzzbait in the air.
Crazy things.

Nice report, glad to see you getting out after dark, and that the smallies were too. I skunked out this evening, it was rough. Don't even get me started with bats....I freak out :oops: and end up in the bottom of the boat half the time. I used to think it was bad on shore when they would bump into my line, but in the boat they seem like they are about to bump into my head, it doesn't help that captain ahab caught two bats on previous night trips :LOL2:

I love the way those bronzebacks look. Wish I had somewhere close to get into some, I'd have to drive several hours to find any. Seems the only thing I can catch lately are white bass or hybrids (can't tell difference).

Latest posts