Flounder, Redfish and Ducks!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rook

Reaction score
This was my last weekend to chase flatties as I will be out of town this week and duck season starts after Thanksgiving. I had plans on hitting the water both Fri and Sat night but mother nature changed my mind. I had been seeing quite a few redfish around my last several floundering trips so about lunch time Sat I decided to make a scouting/fishing trip. Water was beautiful and wind was calm everywhere I went, ended up looking more than fishing but was able to pick up one red on a spinner bait. Checked out some new areas and headed to the house about 2pm for a nap. Was pretty excited about what I had seen on my scouting trip so I was back on the water about 7ish.

As Im sure most of you know that it dont take long for water conditions to change. Wind was calm as was the water except for a roller coming of the sound. By the time I arrived at spot one the tide was super high and the water looked like yoohoo. Same at spot 2 and 3 and 4!!! Finally found some clear water around 10pm and started to see some fish. It was VERY SLOW and the fish were scarce. Finally had enough about 2AM, ended up with 6 for the night. Smallest was a 13" tater chip and the biggest was 22 1/2 5lbs 5 ozs.
52211abb.jpg

951066ba.jpg

Did see some ducks on my scouting trip. You can tell they havent been hunted yet as I had a raft of about 200 Redheads let me troll within 50 yards from them. Then had another big flight come in and circle me within shooting distance and lite with the other raft. Enough to get your blood pumpin fo sho!!

b3bb624b.jpg

834eca0a.jpg

648cb7ee.jpg

d4d81f2a.jpg