Post Picture of Your First Fish of 2011

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooky1420

Reaction score
Post a photo of your first caught fish of 2011. It doesn't have to be big, it only has to be a fish that you hauled in. We gotta get on the board for 2011. I know that is hard to do for some of those living in the freezing cold up north... But there is no time restriction. If it has to be after the ponds thaw out... So be it.

I had fished on my lunch hour in the Broward County freshwater canals for 5 days straight (December 31-January 4) with not even a bite to show for it. The weather had been cold and I was afraid we were going to see the effects of last winter (which killed off hundreds of thousands of fish due to the dropping water temperature) I went to my lunchtime honey hole (a city park nearby) and was denied - closed for the winter for renovations and landscaping... So I picked a small canal by the Plantation Library, and I finally got my first fish of 2011.

A 15-inch, 1 lb 9 oz. largemouth bass. Very average, but a nice little fish to get me on the board for 2011. It was caught on a pre-rigged (3 hook) wine-colored Bass Stopper worm with a white stripe on the side and Anese scent.

Who esle is on the board?

Attachments

• 0105111255-00.jpg
    0105111255-00.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,040
I have a nice picture to come as soon as Russ sends me the email!

Thanks Russ you can be my net man any day! No joke that was a tough day! I had only two fish. Starting on this fish will hopefully be a sign of a good year. Either way its a great first fish of the year!

Hollis Q. Lathem Reservoir
8.5lbs
Water temp 40's1-8-11 LathemBF.jpg

Attachments

• 1-8-11.8.5lathem.jpg
    1-8-11.8.5lathem.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 956
I went out on 1/4 and only had one hookup - which ran me into a rock pile and I got hung up...I didn't land the fish and I was sure that my jig was lost. Then as I was pulling on the line and expecting it to snap, it came free (sans the fish) with all of this stuff attached. Ironically, I think both of the crankbaits in the left picture were mine from this summer...but hey, I came out +2 sinkers at the very least!

Attachments

• First Catch.jpg
    First Catch.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 921
BaitCaster said:
8.5 lb largie in January! I can only dream of that!

He wouldn't have caught that fish if he hadn't of had the best guide in the world... :LOL2:

but I'll net a fish like that anyday!

cod2.jpg

Not the first,...but..whose counting????

Oh, well, first ( really, technically the second) bass from the pond since this thread was started. I caught a smaller one ten minutes earlier, but I didn't have a camera handy...so I thought.

When I got the second one on the grass..I remembered that my "smart" camera ( smarter than me!!) IS a camera, too.

Here she is...a little one pound or so LM bass from an 8 acre pond in my backyard. Rich

2011-01-29%2013.26.20.jpg

fender66 said:
Nice fish Capt...Tell us more about it. What is it, and where were you?

I was about 50 miles off of Cape May, NJ (yesterday 1-28-2011) It is a cod fish

Landed a few more and some Tog and Ling (Red Hake)

I am eating good today :mrgreen:

richg99 said:
Not the first,...but..whose counting????

Oh, well, first ( really, technically the second) bass from the pond since this thread was started. I caught a smaller one ten minutes earlier, but I didn't have a camera handy...so I thought.

When I got the second one on the grass..I remembered that my "smart" camera ( smarter than me!!) IS a camera, too.

Here she is...a little one pound or so LM bass from an 8 acre pond in my backyard. Rich

2011-01-29%2013.26.20.jpg
Nice Bass,must be down in Texas,dont se any snow on the ground?

S N O W ???? I left all of that back in Illinois thirty years ago.

I took this picture, just a few minutes ago..., of my Houston Winter playground....

8 acres...only two or three of the residents EVER fish it. Full of small bass with big heads and no bellies. No one, including me, takes any fish out. I know we should, but it is hard to kill a fish if I am not going to eat it...rich

2011-01-29%2014.36.50.jpg

richg99 said:
S N O W ???? I left all of that back in Illinois thirty years ago.

I took this picture, just a few minutes ago..., of my Houston Winter playground....

8 acres...only two or three of the residents EVER fish it. Full of small bass with big heads and no bellies. No one, including me, takes any fish out. I know we should, but it is hard to kill a fish if I am not going to eat it...rich

2011-01-29%2014.36.50.jpg
Sorrry,hope I didn't bring up bad memorys of snowy cold riden days of NO FISHING.Just going off your location descript=Houston.Tx/Fox Lake.Il.
Looks like you have a FISERMANS PARIDISE,I'm jealous,mybe someday I/we can have same setup,we will see

Anyone can. I just tell them, .... work hard for 40 years and SAVE your money! Too many guys I knew along the way always had to have the biggest house; biggest/newest car(s); and biggest BOAT. They never paid anything off...just borrowed more for the next toy.

That description does NOT sound like the guys/gals on this site. regards, Rich

richg99 said:
Anyone can. I just tell them, .... work hard for 40 years and SAVE your money! Too many guys I knew along the way always had to have the biggest house; biggest/newest car(s); and biggest BOAT. They never paid anything off...just borrowed more for the next toy.

That description does NOT sound like the guys/gals on this site. regards, Rich
Thanks for the Pep talk,there is a light at the end of the tunnel,I'm almost half way there,just a little harder to do on 1/2 a shoe string budget,two teenage boys literally eat us out of house and home(LOL),but we would'nt have it any other way,gotta love life as is,now that we finally have a boat,it's all biscuts and gravy from her on out.

Latest posts