vacation time

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbug

Reaction score
I just got back from my vacation out to my farm in southern Illinois.
we have 4 ponds on the property that are loaded with bass
my wife and i caught over 250 bass in the 10 days we were there.
we also caught a bunch of huge bluegill and crappies.
my wife managed the big fish of the trip with a 6.30 beast it is her new PB
I managed 2 over 5 for the trip
067-1.jpg

019-3.jpg

008-9.jpg

a few of the bass need to grow up...
005-7.jpg

we looked out the back door of the cabin and say this...
052-1.jpg

some of our family caught a few nice ones
013-5.jpg

026-1.jpg

I need to remember next summer to invite the guys from Ill out for some fishin

I need to remove about 500 fish from the one pond

Red...I think I know where that place is.

Is it down off of Giant City road? If it is, do you know the Gilberts? If it is the place I'm thinking of, I duck hunted out there last year with John.

Nice looking catches there Mr. Bug ------ I might could make a trip south next time you go??? :) :) I see more movies questions in trivia coming up :) :)

baseball_guy_99 said:
Red...I think I know where that place is.

Is it down off of Giant City road? If it is, do you know the Gilberts? If it is the place I'm thinking of, I duck hunted out there last year with John.
yes we know judge gilbert. that most likely is the place it is an awesome place to fish.
i saw 3 bass all well over 5lbs sitting so shallow that their backs were out of the water.
it is set up as a hunting club but i dont hunt.

Very NICE fish! Sounds like a GREAT trip and I live minutes away from Illinois. Do I count on the invite list? :roll: :wink:

Nice catchen Wayne and Mrs. Redbug, great looken place, what was yor main weapon of choice?

shamoo said:
Nice catchen Wayne and Mrs. Redbug, great looken place, what was yor main weapon of choice?
finnesse baits did the trick this year..
small 1/8 oz spinnerbaits and 4" worms

Nice Job Wayne and Mrs. Redbug =D> Those fish sure are growing, the head on that one is just massive. How do you like that rapala scale, I was looking for a new scale and saw it. I was wondering about the clip, looks like it holds up to some nice bass.

jkbirocz said:
Nice Job Wayne and Mrs. Redbug =D> Those fish sure are growing, the head on that one is just massive. How do you like that rapala scale, I was looking for a new scale and saw it. I was wondering about the clip, looks like it holds up to some nice bass.

yeah the bas are getting big... i want to be there in early may to get some pre spawn beasts
I really like the scale the clip is very strong in fact my wife couldn't open it. it gets a thumbs up for sure.

Latest posts